Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Mid-February Obs/Discussion

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mag

Good to hear your getting some decent snow. Should be an interesting evening of reports.

Yea def a great sight to see. I'm hoping we can get this worked up to our just south of I-80 friends so we can have pretty much everyone happy from one storm or the other. :snowman:

Just had a look at the pgh radar, and it looks like there's some good press north that should finally translate into getting these folks snowing soon.

Not from what I'm seeing. There haven't been any reports upstream and the pieces don't appear to be in place.

can't totally rule it out as there's a very convection look to the radar returns south of pitt in fayette county with even a 50 dbz return showing up. Might be sleet though.

OK, for some reason I was heading to Hagerstown and thought a little more north was a good idea. I'm in Greencastle and still wondering why I didn't go up to Chambersburg.

Snow is just starting to pick up here--- nice big flakes mixing in.

At this point looks like either way it's only going to be an inch or so difference.

Here's the updated CTP map. Couple things.. the 10+ that was in southern somerset has been replaced to 4-6 and things have been bumped up a few inches overall in places like Huntingdon and Altoona. Pretty much a hat tip to the newer, further north NAM and the HRRR models involving the second tier of counties in some of the heaviest precip. Heck of a gradient between State College and Altoona tho, hopefully it wont be that stark.. but that dry air is hanging tight still.

post-1507-0-09640700-1298331976.png

Archived