joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Mid-February Obs/Discussion

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This winter was meh. Hopefully I can see some thunderstorms this year.

At least climatologically, winter is definitely not over yet. I know that out of the top 10 snowstorms in State College, 5 occurred in March. Also the highest frequency of 10"+ snowstorms happen in the first half of March. Obviously that's not to say the remainder of this winter will be a big turn-around, but I think it's too early to throw in the towel for the winter as a whole.

As a side note, I've never looked forward to low-mid 40s so much before! :sun:

At least climatologically, winter is definitely not over yet. I know that out of the top 10 snowstorms in State College, 5 occurred in March. Also the highest frequency of 10"+ snowstorms happen in the first half of March. Obviously that's not to say the remainder of this winter will be a big turn-around, but I think it's too early to throw in the towel for the winter as a whole.

As a side note, I've never looked forward to low-mid 40s so much before! :sun:

Sure seems like it has been a cold winter!!

I agree with you on the March storms. Even April we could see a stray one.

But by that time I'm ready for spring.

Man 20"+ of snow from eastern OK into NW Arkansas and widespread snow across the south today. It's unfortunate that things didn't link up to bring this storm up the eastern seaboard, cuz it likely would've made us forget about the sluggish snowfall we've had this winter.. to put it lightly.

weather's boring now :lol: nothing to track really for a few weeks...not much to talk about.

Haha at least we are seeing the sun, seems like we are lucky to see it 5 times out of the month of January! This warm up looks decent, but with no real rainstorm in site for a week, it may cut down on the flooding potential, lets hope

Archived