joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Mid-February Obs/Discussion

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey peeps.... Do we have any COLD mins from this morning? I had 1° at my place. What do we got??

My father apparently had a -3 on the thermometer in his pickup around 6 this morning, however accurate car thermometers would be considered. My wireless was down to 5ºF when i went to bed at 3am, but i've found it has a bit of a warm bias for some reason. I'd say it was a safe bet it got to at least 0 last night here.

I had to stop by our local drug store and when I was leaving, I had stepped on a little ice that had leaked from the rain gutter. I fell and my right leg was flat on the sidewalk for the tip of my toes all the way to my knee. there was no space at all.

they had to call an ambulance and I got my first ride in the back. Anyway I have broke my leg right above my ankle. 6 to 8 weeks in a cast.

I will tell you this the ground was so cold this morning that water on concrete freezes failrly quick. it was about 10f when I fell

I had to stop by our local drug store and when I was leaving, I had stepped on a little ice that had leaked from the rain gutter. I fell and my right leg was flat on the sidewalk for the tip of my toes all the way to my knee. there was no space at all.

they had to call an ambulance and I got my first ride in the back. Anyway I have broke my leg right above my ankle. 6 to 8 weeks in a cast.

I will tell you this the ground was so cold this morning that water on concrete freezes failrly quick. it was about 10f when I fell

Damn...sorry to hear. Hope you have a swift recovery.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune!! Hopefully you are able to have a walking cast.

Edit: Looks like people west of here are seeing some snow showers. Not to impressed with the 25-35 mph winds the NWS is predicting.

local tv is stating that we may get a couple of inches over the next few days.

All I can do is watch the weather on TV. She who must be obeyed (SWMBO) has me locked up until further notice.....

Rick

Hehehe, The Nurse have you in lock down does she? :)

How soon before you are allowed to move around?

local tv is stating that we may get a couple of inches over the next few days.

All I can do is watch the weather on TV. She who must be obeyed (SWMBO) has me locked up until further notice.....

Rick

Heh, probably for the best.

Limiting your weather experience to inside stuff like TV and the computer? You mean like over half of the Philly/NYC/DC crowd?

We got a decent snowburst here a bit ago, lasted like five minutes, lol.

Heh, probably for the best.

Limiting your weather experience to inside stuff like TV and the computer? You mean like over half of the Philly/NYC/DC crowd?

We got a decent snowburst here a bit ago, lasted like five minutes, lol.

:lol: Sad but true. For me it's not a real snowstorm unless I get some snowflakes in my eye and come inside cold and covered in snow.

Looks like you guys had a decent burst of snow about 20-30 minutes ago up there?

Currently 39° with a NW wind around 10mph here in Lebanon County.

:lol: Sad but true. For me it's not a real snowstorm unless I get some snowflakes in my eye and come inside cold and covered in snow.

Looks like you guys had a decent burst of snow about 20-30 minutes ago up there?

Currently 39° with a NW wind around 10mph here in Lebanon County.

it was a mini blizzard here a few minutes ago.

too bad we couldnt see this with some longevity

It was wild stuff - I was on 45 southeast of State College when a squall hit. Winds were gusting to 40 mph and we had a whiteout. The snow that fell in the am blew off the ice on the field next to the road and added to it. I saw a guy ahead of me spin out but fortunately no other cars near him at that moment. He went into a parking lot, lol - lucky.

Then on the way home on 322/220 at the bottom of Skytop I saw an honest-to-God snow devil! There's a cornfield on the Port Matilda side bottom of Skytop, and it went across the road. I pulled off but before I could get my phone video ready it went into some trees and fell apart. It was so damn cool I wish I videoed it.

It was wild stuff - I was on 45 southeast of State College when a squall hit. Winds were gusting to 40 mph and we had a whiteout. The snow that fell in the am blew off the ice on the field next to the road and added to it. I saw a guy ahead of me spin out but fortunately no other cars near him at that moment. He went into a parking lot, lol - lucky.

Then on the way home on 322/220 at the bottom of Skytop I saw an honest-to-God snow devil! There's a cornfield on the Port Matilda side bottom of Skytop, and it went across the road. I pulled off but before I could get my phone video ready it went into some trees and fell apart. It was so damn cool I wish I videoed it.

That's awesome. I saw a decent one a few weeks back at the north end of campus where the wind gets funneled between buildings...bunch of people stopped and stared at it, myself included, obviously.

My grandma in Snyder County said she had over an inch of new snow from the squalls today...looks like at least 4 of them went right over her house in a couple hour period.

Hehehe, The Nurse have you in lock down does she? :)

How soon before you are allowed to move around?

the doctor was concerned that the break may not heal correctly. he won't make a determination on surgury until next week. My Wife did pick up a walker today and that is so much better than the crutches.:)

It gets full sun. If the area gets a lot of sun, the areas have little snow here it seems. Hell the river north of the Harvey Taylor no longer is iced over that much.

Only spots around here I've seen that are bare are right near roads where there was salt and cinders mixed in and on a few south facing hillsides there are small patches of grass.

Snow cover doing its work tonight....down to 16.5° here currently after a high of 40°. Low this morning was 9.9°.

Archived