• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 5-6 Storm Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

Probably better than nothing, depending on how bad it is I guess. More than likely not a feasible task if this problem is widespread.

I tried the pucks, but they make a hole where they are placed and thats all it does.

I ended up hanging out my window, with a small sledgehammer (size of a hammer). Being careful that I only hit the ice. Once i got a piece broken off, and had a opening I was able to knock alot of it down without too much trouble. One piece that came off was about a foot long and about 10" thick. i was able to get a large section of the ice dam down with that.

They were showing a company doing it on NECN and he was up there using the claw side of a hammer, can't see how that could be safe if you miss. At least with the sledge hammer it has a flat surface and not a pointy surface.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter is over though :lol:

yep. no more winter. i'm going to fertilize tomorrow during the rain if it can melt away my snow. :lol:

we never go bookend to bookend full tilt winter. we've been pretty darn lucky this season. even the warm-up down the road doesn't necessarily look like a full on pattern change to cancel winter, just a reprieve (which always happens).

If the Euro holds it'll be interesting to see GYX backtrack from their overnight position which basically told me to have a broom handy.

Yes, You are not moving this stuff with a broom.......lol, And its looking more robust then the overnight runs, We will see soon, But i expect the Euro to hold serve.

yep. no more winter. i'm going to fertilize tomorrow during the rain if it can melt away my snow. :lol:

we never go bookend to bookend full tilt winter. we've been pretty darn lucky this season. even the warm-up down the road doesn't necessarily look like a full on pattern change to cancel winter, just a reprieve (which always happens).

I've already started mowing. Actually if we did get bare grass it'd be a great time to lime.

The long range GFS of -20+ over us for this weekend really worked out to a mint too...I'd lock those charts up.

Whether it's a long term deal or just a week/couple of week reprieve it's still a pattern change. One that was pretty well predicted by some mets that get slammed around these parts all the time.

I've already started mowing. Actually if we did get bare grass it'd be a great time to lime.

The long range GFS of -20+ over us for this weekend really worked out to a mint too...I'd lock those charts up.

Whether it's a long term deal or just a week/couple of week reprieve it's still a pattern change. One that was pretty well predicted by some mets that get slammed around these parts all the time.

:lol: Good neutralizer

I think this break has been signaled for a couple of weeks now. Nothing unexpected. My gut says that it may get back to more of a cooler pattern later in this current 11-15 day. Who knows, it might just be a couple of days that reach 40.

I think people are getting confused. The thaw is in the Feb 15-17 th period..not next week..Next week we have the snowstorm tuesday and hopefully Thursday and then a bitter blast..that might rival the coldest outbreak we've seen this winter..then after that is when there MIGHT be a mini thaw..before another cooldown

I think this break has been signaled for a couple of weeks now. Nothing unexpected. My gut says that it may get back to more of a cooler pattern later in this current 11-15 day. Who knows, it might just be a couple of days that reach 40.

YEP. Not a huge deal , the change was delayed but not denied. Let's see how long it lasts and what replaces it afterwards.

That would be, There expensive enough in my Capt'n and diet coke.. :thumbsup:

Indeed!

I think people are getting confused. The thaw is in the Feb 15-17 th period..not next week..Next week we have the snowstorm tuesday and hopefully Thursday and then a bitter blast..that might rival the coldest outbreak we've seen this winter..then after that is when there MIGHT be a mini thaw..before another cooldown

Yeah def not next week.

Archived