northernriwx
February 5-6 Storm Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lmao:

Lazy, SOB's.

I think there is a growing opportunity from a met point of view that people are 1. used to snow 2. sick of snow

that allows you to be bullish on snow....and have the luxury of saying at 6pm....."well guess what guys" you know all that snow your sick of....latest indications are that we wont' have to be so concerned about that this weekend.....so how's that for good news" and just like that .......people are happy ......(since it's still snow in ski-land)

Is it just me or is this a horrible map? 4-6 to southern CT...but only 2-4 in Maine? lol...

post-1054-0-80566400-1296848739.jpg

Will do you think we pull a few inches at the end? Or maybe you will and I wont?

Shift if 100 miles NNE I would say

I think that is from this morning (last night?)

Looking forward to an exciting late afternoon of some ice, sleet and an inch of mashed...

Shift if 100 miles NNE I would say

I think that is from this morning (last night?)

Looking forward to an exciting late afternoon of some ice, sleet and an inch of mashed...

What's 100 miles between a noon and 5 pm broadcast amongst friends?:yikes:

NAM's pumping up heights a bit ahead of the ULL thru 18h.

Yeah, saw that. Just like them to use a 7 hour old map... is it still on the website?

BOX still has me for 1-3" Sat, 1-3" Sat night... maybe 1-2" total with some crud thrown in...

NBD

Yeah its still on the website. Im not here to bash it though...I hope its right.

BOX actualy has me at 3-6" if you add up sat and sat night...seems high.

I would go 1-3" here.

I think there is a growing opportunity from a met point of view that people are 1. used to snow 2. sick of snow

that allows you to be bullish on snow....and have the luxury of saying at 6pm....."well guess what guys" you know all that snow your sick of....latest indications are that we wont' have to be so concerned about that this weekend.....so how's that for good news" and just like that .......people are happy ......(since it's still snow in ski-land)

haha. yeah there is probably a degree of truth to that.

GYX AFD up, watches to be posted. (from http://forecast.weat...=1&highlight=on)

"WILL PUT UP A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR SRN/CENTRAL/COASTAL ZONESFOR SATURDAY NGT. MODELS...NGM, GFS, ECMWF...COMING INTO BETTERAGREEMENT. HEAVIEST QPF ALONG SRN NH TO SW ME COASTAL ZONES THOUGHTHIS IS AREA LIKELY TO SEE MIXED PRCP. WATCH IS FOR SNACCUMULATIONS OF 6 INCHES OR A COMBINATION OF ACCUMULATING SN ANDICE. GFS40 AND NAM MODEL THICKNESS ALONG WITH H8 AND H9 TEMP FCSTSSUPPORT IP/ZR OVER SRN ZONES AND INTO COASTAL SRN ME ZONES.WITH TRACK OF LOW OFFSHORE AND PRCP OCCURRING AT NGT ALONG WITHDEEP SN PACK DON`T ANTICIPATE PRCP GOING OVER TO RN...THOUGH CAN`TTOTALLY RULE THAT OUT ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST AND OVER THEISLAND.THE SFC LOW TAKES A TRACK INSIDE THE 40N 70W LAT/LON BENCHMARK FORA SIGNIFICANT PRCP EVENT FOR THE FCST AREA. HOWEVER, SYSTEM MOVINGFAIRLY QUICKLY WITH THE UPR LVL SYSTEM NOT CUTTING OFF AT H7 ANDBARELY CUTTING OFF AT H8 SUGGESTING A LIMITED EXTENT OF HEAVY PRCPN AND W INTO OUR N/MT AND FOOTHILL ZONES. PRCP EVENT LASTS ABOUT12 HOURS...ROUGHLY 00Z TO 12Z SUNDAY."

GYX AFD up, watches to be posted. (from http://forecast.weat...=1&highlight=on)

"WILL PUT UP A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR SRN/CENTRAL/COASTAL ZONESFOR SATURDAY NGT. MODELS...NGM, GFS, ECMWF...COMING INTO BETTERAGREEMENT. HEAVIEST QPF ALONG SRN NH TO SW ME COASTAL ZONES THOUGHTHIS IS AREA LIKELY TO SEE MIXED PRCP. WATCH IS FOR SNACCUMULATIONS OF 6 INCHES OR A COMBINATION OF ACCUMULATING SN ANDICE. GFS40 AND NAM MODEL THICKNESS ALONG WITH H8 AND H9 TEMP FCSTSSUPPORT IP/ZR OVER SRN ZONES AND INTO COASTAL SRN ME ZONES.WITH TRACK OF LOW OFFSHORE AND PRCP OCCURRING AT NGT ALONG WITHDEEP SN PACK DON`T ANTICIPATE PRCP GOING OVER TO RN...THOUGH CAN`TTOTALLY RULE THAT OUT ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST AND OVER THEISLAND.THE SFC LOW TAKES A TRACK INSIDE THE 40N 70W LAT/LON BENCHMARK FORA SIGNIFICANT PRCP EVENT FOR THE FCST AREA. HOWEVER, SYSTEM MOVINGFAIRLY QUICKLY WITH THE UPR LVL SYSTEM NOT CUTTING OFF AT H7 ANDBARELY CUTTING OFF AT H8 SUGGESTING A LIMITED EXTENT OF HEAVY PRCPN AND W INTO OUR N/MT AND FOOTHILL ZONES. PRCP EVENT LASTS ABOUT12 HOURS...ROUGHLY 00Z TO 12Z SUNDAY."

AWT

agree...people need to be careful what they wish for around here. A light-mod rain even tomorrow isn't going to do much. For one its not going to be 50...so melting will be slow and not cause any major flooding problems other than some ponding on the roads where storm drains are clogged. Plus, the added weight to the roofs is going to be the same as if you had the same about of QPF fall as snow (a fact some people can't seem to get through their head). Snow tomorrow wouldn't lessen the roof problems and only lead to a greater flood threat in the long-term. The only thing that's gonna help roofs is if A) people get on their roofs and get them cleared or B) we get a prolonged dry spell. The rain vs ice vs snow argument when talking about roof concerns is really pointless.

Not really watch the rain pour off your house tomorrow as the temp climbs to 35 , melting is also occurring, not all is absorbed in the pack, unless you have a flat roof with no pitch tomorrow will help reduce the water content on your roof.

lol...they cancelled all events at the high school tommorow becasue of "6-9 inches of snow". :arrowhead:

I dont know where they got that from? Multiplied the forecast by 1.5?

hahaha the only place I ever heard of 6-9" from this storm was in Melissa Mack's WBZ blog yesterday.

As of this morning, my snowfall amount ‘guess-timates’ are 6-9″ for Worcester/Middlesex county…3-6″ just south of the Pike including Norfolk County…1-3″ northern Plymouth and Bristol counties…little to no accumulation for Cape/Islands.

Archived