Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 5-6 Storm Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I took a 4-5" hit so far. Not too bad.

I was in the woods for 2 hours this morning. Going off the beaten down icy paths, deep in snow, I kept thinking...heckuva way to torch a durable snowpack. This one stays to spring. Sidewalks however along Aspinwall are impossible. I rerouted home through Brookline Village which was a little safer. I reverted this morning to my 19 year old LL Bean fully waterproof and high galoshes. Saved the day. Today I finally buy snowshoes. Alot of snow to come. Looking at the Euro...is it delayed and not denied? Sun is brighter and stronger though...our pack has likely peaked but a great winter rocks on nonetheless.

This storm has put me over 100" on the season (104" to be exact) with most of February, March and April left... what a sweet winter.

Somewhere between 7-8" fell last night in about as many hours with an inch of liquid in that snow... complete with a couple thunderstorms, lightning strikes that knocked out power here, deafening thunder, and heavy wet snow. The heaviest snow was actually in the beginning of the storm when we picked up 4.5" within 3 hours of the first flake falling for an average rate of 1.5"/hr over those 3 hours. That's the definition of "coming in like a wall."

Overall, my favorite event on the winter due to how exciting it was around here last night.

20" of snow in the past 6 days down here in town at my place with over 2" of liquid. Ratios yesterday were under 10:1 in the heavy, wet paste.

Snow depth is now around 30" and dense at that. Should be a great launching point for the Feb/Mar/Apr spring snows!

At the ski resort... 6 day totals are now 23" (1,500ft) and 28" (3,000ft) with more snow on the way over the next 48-72 hours.

Archived