• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 5-6 Storm Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

Yeah I think N ORH county into Monads will be the best spot for my particular area...probably a classic Gardner Hubbardston storm....where they can get 6-7" of paste and I see half that or less with longer ptype issues. I think the ZR should be watched in this area if the MLs warm for a bit.

With a vortmax that is pretty darn potent and the associated height falls, I do think a flip to heavy wet snow is likely in the region...how much is the tougher question.

Fixed...

No, really... Winchendon always seems to win for these

Sloppy blue crud that will break shear pins

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you weren't including hills of CT in zr and snow

You might be too far south for much...but it will probably change to snow there too. It just depends where the vortmax tracks and when the height falls happen. Its def better to be north in this I think but it could still easily give a few inches there. Its not an easy forecast.

I'm basing a lot of this off climo of marginal systems that hug the coast.

You might be too far south for much...but it will probably change to snow there too. It just depends where the vortmax tracks and when the height falls happen. Its def better to be north in this I think but it could still easily give a few inches there. Its not an easy forecast.

I'm basing a lot of this off climo of marginal systems that hug the coast.

What about mostly zr here? is that possible?

Do you remember a storm 6 or so winters ago? Walt was on the early morning AFD. initially it was supposed to be mostly down here..and that morning he issued an ice storm warning. We started as sleet..went to zr and had close to .50 of zr , while you guys got snow.

Yeah I think N ORH county into Monads will be the best spot for my particular area...probably a classic Gardner storm....where they can get 6-7" of paste and I see half that or less with longer ptype issues. I think the ZR should be watched in this area if the MLs warm for a bit.

With a vortmax that is pretty darn potent and the associated height falls, I do think a flip to heavy wet snow is likely in the region...how much is the tougher question.

Congrats, Dave.

if 4-8" verifiy we are going to have problems up here due to the heavy wet nature of the snow. Box was thinking of issueing wsw but said when talking to the other offices they held off. If the gfs comes in even close to the nam you bet they will issue a winter storm watch. what a winter!!

if 4-8" verifiy we are going to have problems up here due to the heavy wet nature of the snow. Box was thinking of issueing wsw but said when talking to the other offices they held off. If the gfs comes in even close to the nam you bet they will issue a winter storm watch. what a winter!!

For most I think it would be an advisory due to mixing keeping accumulations down. Note I said "most".

It will be kind of awesome if the GFS/NAM stay colder and everything else is toasty.

Would be time to stop making excuses for the NCEP model performance....can't get it right in a blocking pattern, can't get it right in a progressive pattern etc etc.

Do you think in Japan they post images from the NAM/GFS and laugh?

here comes the GFS rainstorm...

YEP, epic...look at 18 hours, tight spiral further west. The bias is gone, the witch is dead, and DT is right the pattern really has changed. The days of locking up everything as the snowy solution are over.

Lmao.

I'm pretty sure they don't use our models at all. The Japanese have a thing about precision.

Archived