joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 9

MidwestChaser

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From LOT, picked from the IKK zone forecast.

Nowcast as of 8:07 PM CST on February 1, 2011

Now

Through 1000 PM...expect... Heavy snowfall with rates up to one to two inches per hour... northeast winds gusting up to 40 to 55 mph... near zero visibility at times... thundersnow possible in the heaviest snow bands... snow drifts to three feet or more... travel becoming nearly impossible... wind chills in the single digits falling to zero or below. Some sleet has been reported from a Ford to Benton County line this evening...but as the evening wears on...most of the precipitation will be in the form of snow. It is highly recommended to ride out this storm from the Comfort of your home...as venturing outside is becoming outright dangerous. All but emergency or absolutely necessary travel should be postponed.

We need more folks on this forum like you that enjoy a storm evolution no matter where it is...where are you lOcated anyways?

Right now I am in the Twin Cities area, MN. We aren't seeing squat haha--but this is just something epic. Honestly I am more impressed with this storm than any of the three Nor'easters this winter.

NAM/RUC both give the QC another 0.6-0.8" of precip after 8pm local time. That should be an additional 10"+. If that works out our totals here should end up between 17-18".

Local met on KWQC talking about the dry air moving in...actually, I see the dry air rotating westard..and wet filling into the area of dry air. starting to see some yellow just to our south and east...rotating our way....Hard to believe we only have about 7-8 inches....it's been coming down hard since it started.

Just what our cement needs, a little bit of epoxy. Gonna need dynamite or 70 degree temps to make a dent in this.

No doubt about that. It was rock hard this morning.. This stuff is going to be around for quite awhile I hate to say.. No way to blow this crap off the driveway..

Archived