joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 9

MidwestChaser

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow and the wind is starting to crank up in London for you guys in Ont. With the existing deep snowpack of powder and the high snowbanks everywhere, this could get nasty very quickly.

Is your existing snowcover still loose? I guess you've had recent snowfall? Everything here is a compact glacier. Only BS will be with the falling snow/fresh snowcover.

Keep the reports coming in Alan. :)

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA 834 PM EST TUE FEB 01 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON... ..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS..

0833 PM BLIZZARD 4 NNE BELMORE 41.21N 83.91W 02/01/2011 HENRY OH EMERGENCY MNGR ON STATE ROUTE 18 OUTSIDE OF DESHLER...BLOWING SNOW WITH 2 FOOT DRIFTS ACROSS THE ROADS. VISIBILITIES NEAR ZERO.

Just nuts out there... I know this is going to sound terrible but its really not even an enjoyable event.. I like watching the flakes fall and stack up no matter how little or big the snowfall.. this just blows around in swirls and creates next to whiteouts - Not exciting to me at all. I had a 9-10 inch snowpack in the wind tunnel and its down to pickers sticking out lol.

Can't believe I'm even saying the above but I just despise wind when it snows.

So I take it you're not a fan of blizzards? Did you like them when you had a snow day at stake?

Archived