Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

No... as this thing collapses toward the coast, look for the radar to really fill in and explode.

I'm concerned, the precip is moving more north than east, could we get dry slotted?

You won't see 6 inches in 1 hour if you lived for the next hundred years. Name one synoptic storm on the east coast that has produced 6 inch an hour rates. If you can, i'd love to see it. The heaviest I can recall is Feb. 83 that had a couple 5 inch an hour reports in a corridor from Harrisburg Pa to Allentown. Never heard of 6 inches and it won't happen tonight. If it does, God Bless Ya!!!

Last year in one of those Feb storms I got 5'' in an hour so it is possible around here.

I'm concerned, the precip is moving more north than east, could we get dry slotted?

if you look at some radar from VA or PA it is moving in a direction favorable for our area. Oh and BTW NYC sitting officially at 41.1in only 3.8in away from the all time OCT-JAN snowfall record. Un-frickin-believable winter so far I am honestly amazed (and I missed the blizzard!!!). The fact that was partially unexpected (cold and snow to last from late DEC through JAN) has made this all the more better, and based on long range models, it doesn't appear to be letting up anytime soon.

haha, that would be awesome-- never saw that before.

did you realize its been freezing drizzle for a while....just walked out down my driveway and i almost killed myself...i really hope we dont have to deal with anything but snow with the main batch of precip

Archived