CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for now drying is winning the race, RUC excitement somewhat cancel: http://radar.weather...id=okx&loop=yes

Can see up in NW CT some drying working east. Can see the same on the water vapor....from middletown to torrington (NY to CT) it just got dryer.

http://www.rap.ucar....e=-1&duration=6

Going to be a squeaker along coastal sections and we may have a rogue band break loose further north but

I have a hard time buying this stuff moving much north of Hartford. Seems like a S CT, S RI, SE Mass special to me.

You are just down the road, give it ten minutes, its awesome and well worth the wait!

It is just dumping snow right now. I'm sure it's not far off.

I would be a red tagger if this forum were about birds. Let me just say that despite all we have had this winter, and the fact it is later (less natural food remaining) they are here in numbers and crazed activity beyond anything I have seen so far. They're saying 12-15 or more :arrowhead: - easily an inch now.

I agree with many obs on here about the northern extent moving much more east-west than north south but look just south of LI there is a much more northward push in those returns (Upton radar) - will be interesting to see if that can continue with latitude or just get shunted off to the east as it pushes north.

Weenies jumping off the Bridge of Flowers?

I think 3" for you. High fluff will counteract your qpf problem... 30:1 ratio

That's right. All landing in glacial potholes.

I took grief for not buying into a significant snow. So no leaping for me. Seeing Andy's comment about me not even getting 2", though, that hurt!

Enjoy all ou flatlanders!

I agree with many obs on here about the northern extent moving much more east-west than north south but look just south of LI there is a much more northward push in those returns (Upton radar) - will be interesting to see if that can continue with latitude or just get shunted off to the east as it pushes north.

Agreed. Although I think the problem the precip will encounter once it gets north is the dry air. I'm not so sure this first batch of precip drops much north of a Hartford-Providence-Plymouth line.

Archived