• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL CWA JAN 26/27 OBS and Discussion Thread

I thought when i looked at radar last night it was moving fast. As we know, it did not hit a wall. I dont recall any forcasts for this, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also looks to be much more on the way very shortly for SE PA, So how does this change the forecast for part 2, does it come much quicker, say noon-2pm with less qpf, or slow and get organized?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought when i looked at radar last night it was moving fast. As we know, it did not hit a wall. I dont recall any forcasts for this, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also looks to be much more on the way very shortly for SE PA, So how does this change the forecast for part 2, does it come much quicker, say noon-2pm with less qpf, or slow and get organized?

Radar was really lighting up to our south and advancing steadil;y last night by 1 AM

I don't think this will really affect part 2. However it may compensate for part 2 since the last several runs have been trending slowly but surely SE with the CCB. Based on what falls this morning and what the 12Z models look like I may make an update to my 4-8 forecast...

I don't think this will really affect part 2. However it may compensate for part 2 since the last several runs have been trending slowly but surely SE with the CCB. Based on what falls this morning and what the 12Z models look like I may make an update to my 4-8 forecast...

Hmmm......SE trend.....Do you use the JMA? ;)

There is a joke in there if you follow certain blogs......

A few of the high res models were depicting this early snow last night during the 0z suite (this is for those who are saying they were surprised by this snow).

Key word there...a few...almost as many were not, and its not exactly a small feature that none of the globals seemed to pick up on. Oh well.

Larger flakes, vis dropping as snow reaches moderate again here in Woodbury, just SSE of PHL

Things are a mess in and around PHL. Major roads like 76 at a standstill. Saw an interview with PENNDOT and they had about 1/5 of the fleet ready this AM given the forecast. This storm is already overperforming...

That's not surprising. I would have made the same call given the info available.

New Castle DE

When I got to work at 6:45 huuuuggge flakes

Now, very fine with possibly some drizzle mixed in

32°

Our roads, for the most part, wet with some slush; until I got to the corporate commons where I work. One nasty snowcovered, slippery-azz road.

The Euro had a much bigger front end than the other models for several runs but it was warm with rain in this area.

The most recent EC (0Z last night) had 0.33" for you by 18Z... mostly snow.

FYI, for the rest of the run it gives you another 0.58" after 18Z. Mostly snow.

Archived