Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL CWA JAN 26/27 OBS and Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its 330 in the morn there is 20 ppl in the thread and only 5 posting lol

Now 6!

My only worry is where the banding sets up.

In my experiences, and especially since this is a short duration event, those mega bands really spell subsidence over the areas right around the banding. And as always, central southern Jersey (Monmouth County specifically) have been prime targets for these bands since last winter.

While it might be short lived, areas that are right outside of those bands will probably take a bit of a hit on their totals. Just hoping it doesn't activate the Middlesex County snow bubble again.

Now 6!

My only worry is where the banding sets up.

In my experiences, and especially since this is a short duration event, those mega bands really spell subsidence over the areas right around the banding. And as always, central southern Jersey (Monmouth County specifically) have been prime targets for these bands since last winter.

While it might be short lived, areas that are right outside of those bands will probably take a bit of a hit on their totals. Just hoping it doesn't activate the Middlesex County snow bubble again.

yea that deff looks like a concern. But this doesn't look like a situation where the band just sits and dumps, its going to be pretty progressive.

yea i noticed that...btw still snowing in dc...

wow the weather.com radar* shifted the rain / snow line way east of DC... and here all this time i thought you were just joking

(* yes ray i know these things are quite a bit inaccurate... but still... look at all that white!)

I do enjoy when the guys at PHI agree with me :thumbsup:

http://forecast.weat...n&FcstType=text

Today: A chance of snow before 10am, then rain, snow, and sleet. High near 37. East wind between 6 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. North wind between 8 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday: A chance of snow before 7am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

I do enjoy when the guys at PHI agree with me :thumbsup:

http://forecast.weat...n&FcstType=text

Today: A chance of snow before 10am, then rain, snow, and sleet. High near 37. East wind between 6 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. North wind between 8 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Thursday: A chance of snow before 7am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

fixed

Archived