• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno. seems a bit of a silly call to me. i mean, hey, if he said that we would be getting 1-3 or 2-4 followed by a changeover.and then a good deal of liquid....ok. but seems to me he is indicating his view of qpf for the storm results in his forecast.... now that i don't buy....nope.

That's a ballsy call from Pete B. I know he likes to be a maverick.

is this a joke?

12Z ecmwf nudged toward gfs...

none of these models have been good this winter, but nam has been particularly bad, even within 24 hours of an event

i actually think GFS and ECMWF are converging, NAM remains an outlier in terms of cold profiles and prodigious QPF...

i think some TV mets might be gunshy to go with NAM after Feb 11

on the other hand, the NOAA snowfall maps have pulled the trigger with big NAM snows

very tough forecast for Boston metro!

you're forgetting the RGEM, which may be colder than the NAM by a bit.

And the NMM/ARW, and pretty soon the RUC and HRRR. I'd think about abandoning the global models soon.

Which area? this is actually very good for heavy snow, Mass area

8c9f189d.jpg

Poor Forky, he wants it to snow at his house so badly but..... It's funny how these guys troll in the SNE threads and nobody even pays attention to them. If we went into their threads with the same intent there would be immediate reports to mods and then the summary executions. Hey Forky, just take a ride north and join the fun instead of being such a sour puss.

Archived