• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode II (Feb 29/March 1 event)

HoarfrostHubb

Did that for several stations Ginx. Nothing shows up in the box. Clicked Total Snow, All models, etc etc

Dumb founded...lol... anyway, might not work with Windows 7?

What browser are you using? I couldn't get it to work with my version of IE...but firefox worked.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

I think the NAM is over doing the WAA thump, has the right idea of the vortmax going along or south of the south coast due to the under forecast confluence to the NE, which allows for cold air to drain in from Nova Scotia. The GFS tracks the vort over SNE, which allows the warm punch to advance farther north. NAM has a wet bias however, which is why I'm taking GFS qpf right now.

I did. I tried clicking the map, and using the dropdown. It is not plotting. Nothing shows up in the 2 model boxes either.

it does say this at the top:

"Ensemble plume for Ptype-POP at FIT from 15 UTC NCEP SREF." Tried it for FIT, ORH, BOS, etc

Maybe there is so much snow it doesn't fit...lol

Okay--and then I get a white screen with parameters/models that can be selected. Nothing happens when I click on them. Apparently Dave and I get an "F" in intuitive reasoning.

You guys are so far out in the willy whackers, What are you using for a browser? I am using firefox

I'll post my detailed thoughts later tonight, but we are still walking a fine line between what could be a significant snowstorm, and a significant disappointment. The high snowfall totals in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Southern Mass are totally dependent on the initial batch of WAA associated with a coupled jet streak for the majority of their snowfall. Many of these locations should change over to sleet/freezing rain mix at some point wednesday night thanks to a 800 hPa level warm nose thats shows up in the cold NAM soundings, despite the 850 hPa remaining below freezing. If the initial batch ends up being on the weaker side, like the 12z ECMWF and GFS were suggesting, than lower end advisory criteria would be more likely to verify in these locations. In addition to the warm nose, there won't be much moisture in the dendritic growth layer the further south you go, with the majority of the forcing located further north along the baroclinic zone.

The biggest questions mark at this time are the locations between the Hudson River Valley across central Mass. This is where the 800 hPa line will roughly bisect the region at its furthest northward extent. At the same time, this area will also have the best frontal forcing, so its not too surprising this is where we see the greatest precipitation amounts from 06z though 18z on Thursday. This area could potentially pick up another 3-6 inches of snowfall if the profile is just cold enough to support it. I've said this before, but it will ultimately come down to minor shifts in the guidance that could be the difference between 6-12" of snowfall, and 2-4" with sleet and freezing rain on top.

Didnt work for me on google chrome, but works with Firefox on Windows 7.

odd worked for me on chrome for the last week or so no problems, had to use ie earlier today and I couldn't stand it now that ive been using chrome. The mean for CON at last check was 10.49 lowest being 7.3 and highest around 14. There were only 4 members around 7 the rest were clustered around the mean and above.

odd worked for me on chrome for the last week or so no problems, had to use ie earlier today and I couldn't stand it now that ive been using chrome. The mean for CON at last check was 10.49 lowest being 7.3 and highest around 14. There were only 4 members around 7 the rest were clustered around the mean and above.

Yeah they are really bullish with the qpf, and therefore snowfall. Curious to see if they are temped at 21z.

Well, according to Will, they are #2 in QPF scores, so I am sure we will find out in about ~30 mins where we're at and how good they really are. Even on the mean, it gave most of SNE 0.5-1" of snow.

Yeah, I remember him saying that, But i think he said they have not been as good this year i think, But i could be wrong

That plume thing works for me now in Firefox

Funny thing is I had firefox for a while then deleted it a year or so ago, so I reloaded it.

Did not import my bookmarks correctly, though

I had to google the directions to get my bookmarks over, You had to save them then convert them here on this to an html file..

http://www.linkagogo...format=netscape

Archived