• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern Changing: Early December threats?

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UQAM servers have been seeing some intetruptions (maintenance) since yesterday PM, though i think they are resolved now.....my output is coming through....

btw, i just looked at it....how bout the GEM from december 3rd onwards? everyone who posts in new england or nearby gets hammered a couple times

LOL :arrowhead:

Thanks O-Low. I still can't get in. Funny that the foreign models load no problem. Well I take it from your description that it has some sort of low or series of them moving in and around the GOM. Yes?

<Edit>

Nevermind just saw it. Looks good for some folks. Just wonder how much marine air gets drawn into this.

Well rat's bit .... this run loads up some seriously dangerous deadly cold on our side of the polar field domain with ...some kind of an exotic -EPO+PNA hybrid ridge threatening to grab hold and make everyone on this board sorry they wished it on...

Whether we get there or not by D10 I will say that I like the overall appeal through D7 on this much better than the GFS. This run offers more transient stay with deep layer s/w elements, and that is a better fit in going along with those discussion topics earlier in this excruciatingly long thread.

But yes ...over all you winter weather enthusiast can whip out the hand cream and a most towel over this run.

Well rat's bit .... this run loads up some seriously dangerous deadly cold on our side of the polar field domain with ...some kind of an exotic -EPO+PNA hybrid ridge threatening to grab hold and make everyone on this board sorry they wished it on...

Whether we get there or not by D10 I will say that I like the overall appeal through D7 on this much better than the GFS. This run offers more transient stay with deep layer s/w elements, and that is a better fit in going along with those discussion topics earlier in this excruciatingly long thread.

But yes ...over all you winter weather enthusiast can whip out the hand cream and a most towel over this run.

:lol: John--I don't know what to say to that.

But--I'm not so sure we'll be sorry we wished anything on.

LOL.

Great to see the models coming around to showing what potentially can be a very fun exciting pattern as we enter and go through the first part of December which is really echoing many people's thoughts. The first week of December looks quite interesting and has for several model runs now, definitely something that could give us a decent winter weather threat. Soon enough we all will have snowfall on the ground.

man what a cold look to the 12z ec overall. big arctic high out in the plains and lots of cold shifting into central canada

EPO cold dump baby.

Looking like we have something to look forward to. The Dec 4-5 storm certainly has potential and the pattern behind it looks very nice.

What? You said EC snowstorms don't happen when there are -2C 850s down to LA. I'm told you are way more knowledgeable about weather than most of us, so I will take your word.

That's not a classic massive -PNA...looks like a Rex block to me with almost a +PNA/-EPO on top of the cut-off.

Would you just stop it already? Is this supposed to be funny?

:lmao: Sounds like you've had a lot of practice.

Long range is looking good. The Rev is firing up the bus..round and round round and round

Kev I have never seen this before 6 closed ULLs circling the globe heavy heavy blocking and cold

That is nutty looking. Just a very bizarre blocked up pattern.

Its not going to be easy to forecast in the medium range with that type of pattern....I'm talking like even 3-6 days. Its certainly a positive though that we have a big arctic pipeline going into Canada and eventually the CONUS...hopefully the individual short waves work out in our favor.

That is nutty looking. Just a very bizarre blocked up pattern.

Its not going to be easy to forecast in the medium range with that type of pattern....I'm talking like even 3-6 days. Its certainly a positive though that we have a big arctic pipeline going into Canada and eventually the CONUS...hopefully the individual short waves work out in our favor.

When I clicked the link all I could think of was 76 type cold. Long term modeling but wow is that bizarre.

The Dec 5 storm is not possible.. there are -4C 850s down to LA on Dec 5.

You going to start again?

What? You said EC snowstorms don't happen when there are -2C 850s down to LA. I'm told you are way more knowledgeable about weather than most of us, so I will take your word.

That's not a classic massive -PNA...looks like a Rex block to me with almost a +PNA/-EPO on top of the cut-off.

Would you just stop it already? Is this supposed to be funny?

:o

:lmao:

Archived