• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern Changing: Early December threats?

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, not really. People know who they are, lol.

But I'm going to be sticking to the ideas in the pinned thread. I can't be here all the time. We may have to start a new thread anyway.

Scott can. Make him an honorary mod.

Umm ... liking what I see by the Euro ... not so much the GFS but I think it's on crack. Go with the more mundane solution. December is shaping up to be a great month and we'll take it from there.

JB goes wild

December to remember? Modeling continues to go toward the kind of pattern that will offer a great start to winter, perhaps as much fun as last winter. On the table is the chance to see as much of the nation covered with snow at Christmas this year, as last year. However last year, if you remember, the first 10 days of Jan were brutal, with the energy box checking in at -10 ( the combination of temps using LGA,ORD.DFW and ATL. That was the coldest opening 10 days to a year in that part of the nation since the 70s. A January thaw took over for a week to 10 days, and it was very "interesting" listening to forecasters around mid Jan saying winter was over. Of course that was not the case here. The reason I am bringing all this up is because this year, the first 10 days of January may be much closer to Jan 06, plus 10.5 or 08 ( close to plus 8) than last year. Probably a plus 4 or so, but a big difference from December, is the best bet.

BAnter should be allowed in all threads. It's not nearly as much fun as our old threads

Take up your complaint in the main thread. You are in a the minority. People who can't be on all the time shouldn't have to dig through banter in every thread to find out what is going on.

Thats why we try to keep it all in one thread.

Also that map is in centimeters. Not inches. It looks more weenie-ish in cm.

Archived