• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Thread

mreaves

I've been thinking that temps have been running a couple degrees warmer than I thought they would the past two days... but then I check my point 'n click forecast and see BTV is forecasting a low of -30F for 800ft in Stowe Village. If that is anywhere remotely close to correct, that would likely be the coldest temperature I've experienced in my life (at a location I've lived at). I've seen some -20F type stuff in Burlington, but nothing like -30F.

Tomorrow morning I have the joy of doing the early morning weather report at the mountain... I cannot wait to see what temps we have on the mountain at 5:30am tomorrow morning.

800ft, Stowe village:

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -30. Wind chill values as low as -38. North wind between 3 and 6 mph.

3,398ft, Mansfield:

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around -38. Wind chill values as low as -60. North wind between 11 and 14 mph.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some very fine pixie dust falling here, Trace...

Had a trace of light snow here too. Now the real deal cold comes in over the next 24hrs. There were a lot of -30s and -40s over southern ON/QB this morning. 950mb temps get down to -28C here so the strong radiational cooling spots may push -30C to -35C at 2m. The MET is keeping winds up a bit as the sfc high doesn't crest over us until tomorrow afternoon. It may not matter for places like BML/HIE/LEB/EEN and maybe even CON though. On the hill here, and at LCI, we may keep a pesky light wind to hurt the radiational cooling. I'm excited to see it play out though.

I've been thinking that temps have been running a couple degrees warmer than I thought they would the past two days... but then I check my point 'n click forecast and see BTV is forecasting a low of -30F for 800ft in Stowe Village. If that is anywhere remotely close to correct, that would likely be the coldest temperature I've experienced in my life (at a location I've lived at). I've seen some -20F type stuff in Burlington, but nothing like -30F.

Tomorrow morning I have the joy of doing the early morning weather report at the mountain... I cannot wait to see what temps we have on the mountain at 5:30am tomorrow morning.

800ft, Stowe village:

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -30. Wind chill values as low as -38. North wind between 3 and 6 mph.

3,398ft, Mansfield:

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around -38. Wind chill values as low as -60. North wind between 11 and 14 mph.

If it is -30 tomorrow morning, take a cup of hot water out with you and throw it in the air :)

Only about a foot on my porch roof, the low-pitch area where I clear snow. That's not enough to be worth shoveling, but I did get the ladder in place just in case. (or just in hope?)

Had the tiny-grain dusting here this AM, and now near zero with a moderate breeze, after a high about 14. GYX has the foothills -15 to -25 by tomorrow morning - we'll need an early decouple to approach the lower number.

Archived