northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although well beyond their useful range, the 9Z srefs are clearly on the faster edge of the solutions which is a good thing with the HP still anchored over the east and a new one over the midwest. What I like about them is that most of the 500 lows are further north and not digging to the oil rigs in the GOM. Faster is good as HPC notes above.

Also appears the NAM is on the faster edge of solutions and note the nice 50/50 on the NAM keeping the HP anchored in. There appears to be some positive feedback between the 50/50 and the -NAO trying to squeeze in, it could be enough. These are just thoughts, not saying its correct by any stretch, but something to put in the mix.

nam_500_084m.gif

I am heading to Ft Lauderdale late Wed AM....certainly looks like there could be some problems from late tuesday thru Wednesday here in the NE corridor. Would imagine later Wed will be better

Can someone give me an estimation when this storm is most likely to occur? I have a overseas flight scheduled Wednesday afternoon and I'm thinking yikes.png about it.

Just ran the Wxsim module with the 6z and it just shows the following run of the mill type storm for the NW Philly burbs

Snow arriving Tuesday afternoon...Heavy Snow overnight with 10 to 12" of snow accumulating then transitioning to ZR/IP and finally all ZR and very heavy with 1.78" of liquid falling with temps below freezing. Finally to all rain to top it off with 0.34" falling with temps above freezing

The Wxsim indicates when the rain ends there will still be around 13" of snow and ice on the ground......yawn

www.chescowx.com

Yeah, that is pretty lame...

Seriously, that would really shut things down around here with 1/2" of ice on top of a foot of snow.

Definitely make sure the generator is up to snuff for that one.

Just ran the Wxsim module with the 6z and it just shows the following run of the mill type storm for the NW Philly burbs

Snow arriving Tuesday afternoon...Heavy Snow overnight with 10 to 12" of snow accumulating then transitioning to ZR/IP and finally all ZR and very heavy with 1.78" of liquid falling with temps below freezing. Finally to all rain to top it off with 0.34" falling with temps above freezing

The Wxsim indicates when the rain ends there will still be around 13" of snow and ice on the ground......yawn

www.chescowx.com

With this forecast Wow 1.5 to 2 feet of snow for the LV. Bring it on. What a banner year

Someone distract me with fantasy storms with 2 feet of snow. My wife is about to give birth

What better way to be born? As the sun shines on the heels of a fresh snowfall. Virtually every kid around here woke up today and smiled when they looked out their window; your child gets to come into this world on one of those days.....you're a lucky man. Best wishes to you and your family.:thumbsup:

Lock this up now. This is the euro from yesterday but stronger and colder. The storm off the south coast tomorrow goes up into the atlantci and forms a beautiful 50/50 which works with the NAO to help trap in the HP. First time I can remember an east based NAO helping out, LOL. What a run.

Seriously, is this really happening?? What happened the the idea that this was a very long duration, not very strong low... I know that's what the Euro depicted 24 hours ago, but where are we at.. I see that the GFS is depicting a very nice storm, but it doesn't appear to be the "same type" of storm as what the EURO depicted.. Any explanation, would be great!

jeff

Archived