northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lock this up now. This is the euro from yesterday but stronger and colder. The storm off the south coast tomorrow goes up into the atlantci and forms a beautiful 50/50 which works with the NAO to help trap in the HP. First time I can remember an east based NAO helping out, LOL. What a run.

This 50/50, NAO interaction is key in this run and what wewere hoping for this recent storm to do. It is the first thing I noticed. Alas, we are still a bit far out to lock it in. Let's hope the Euro comes in similarly.

This 50/50, NAO interaction is key in this run and what wewere hoping for this recent storm to do. It is the first thing I noticed. Alas, we are still a bit far out to lock it in. Let's hope the Euro comes in similarly.

NAM and GFS showing the same kind of feeback mechanism with the 50/50 and the NAO ridging. The 50/50 absolutely pulls the ridging up and over just enough this run and the HP just stops in its tracks. Doesn't help to have intense snow cover all over the NE and Canada.

Beautiful at 120

f120.gif

My goodness this is pretty as it gets. I bashed the 0z GFS last night and am still going to have to reserve judgement as we are still far out but this depiction is perfection. We must time this perfectly and teleconnect exactly as this shows to get this to happen. Thread the needle scenario Feb 2006 style, lol. Bring it on!

Lock this up now. This is the euro from yesterday but stronger and colder. The storm off the south coast tomorrow goes up into the atlantci and forms a beautiful 50/50 which works with the NAO to help trap in the HP. First time I can remember an east based NAO helping out, LOL. What a run.

I cant remember from yesterday but was that Euro run Miller B'ish or more miller A? I agree this is what you want to see, not some juiced up phased beast. If that were to happen it may be to far west.

seasonal trends are so important here. So far we have seen strong 50/50 lows that, unlike last year, move up into a favorable position for the NYC area. Additionally, the HP's have been strong, cold, and slow to move out, but not overly cold and dry ala 12/19. Also, we have seen the storms take basically the same track over and over in response to the beautiful thermal gradient off the coast.

Archived