Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS solution seems rather convoluted.

It strengthens rather late, but throws moisture back to Philly and CNJ.

Meanwhile, most other models are indicating an inland track with decent over-running potential, a la PDII, although that wouldn't be a true Miller A.

Good idea splitting discussion here though.

GFS solution seems rather convoluted.

It strengthens rather late, but throws moisture back to Philly and CNJ.

Meanwhile, most other models are indicating an inland track with decent over-running potential, a la PDII, although that wouldn't be a true Miller A.

Good idea splitting discussion here though.

With the lack of a -NAO, one thing that we probably wont get is a suppressed solution.

The problem with the GFS for our area is that it holds back the energy in the sourthern stream too long in the southwest. The northern stream then looks like it outruns the southern stream and low pressure never gets a chance to fully organize in time to produce a miller A. This reminds me of the time period leading up to the boxing day event although i realize the synoptic differences.. Strong PNA riding looks to establish itself on the GFS and Euro in the 8-10 day time frame and this event may end up getting pushed back two or three days and turning into a monster.

for what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan of this threat at the moment. Any model run that doesn't suppress this system brings it up the coast as the cold high is drifting offshore.

I take it youre not too fond of the east based - NAO building, although the +PNA might alleviate that.

Archived