12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a perfectly timed scenario, with the storm possibly riding up with the HP to north maintaining the cold air mass, of course most storms need perfect timing. I didn't track PDII, but this seems starkly similar in regards to the high to the north, but it also depends whether or not that HP scoots off to the East, and of course if the system itself takes a nice track off the coast.

We just need the storm to occur quickly, around Day 5, while the high is still in control of the pattern. NYC has -20C 2m temps on the GFS so you'd see great overrunning with awesome ratios.

That would be a perfectly timed scenario, with the storm possibly riding up with the HP to north maintaining the cold air mass, of course most storms need perfect timing. I didn't track PDII, but this seems starkly similar in regards to the high to the north, but it also depends whether or not that HP scoots off to the East, and of course if the system itself takes a nice track off the coast.

If PDII arrived a day later its mostly rain...its the only KU event I think where the NAO was not negative though I might be wrong on that....this is the only way to really get a KU even though with a +NAO or east based -NAO since a deep system is generally going to cut inland when the NAO is positive or east based.

<br />That would be a perfectly timed scenario, with the storm possibly riding up with the HP to north maintaining the cold air mass, of course most storms need perfect timing. I didn't track PDII, but this seems starkly similar in regards to the high to the north, but it also depends whether or not that HP scoots off to the East, and of course if the system itself takes a nice track off the coast.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I was just checking out NARR for that storm to refresh my memory... It does have some similarities.. I noticed that even that storm had some semblance of a 500 mb closed low in the area though.. Also had a broad 700 and 850 mb low

We just need the storm to occur quickly, around Day 5, while the high is still in control of the pattern. NYC has -20C 2m temps on the GFS so you'd see great overrunning with awesome ratios.

Yea but with that kind of cold, you'd think the storm would just get sheared right out and slide south of us.

its popping phl low mon morn with that high of 2..nyc is the same

It's going to be extremely cold Monday morning with 850s approaching -20C and fresh snow cover. GFS shows 2m temps of -20C approaching NYC, which is a rare sight, especially in recent years. We're finally getting a real winter that combines big snowstorms, persistent snowpack and arctic air, folks:

Looks light-mod., but tombo can confirm. That's better at this stage than a west and wet scenario.

I'd much rather a west and wet scenario. It's getting tiresome to track storms and then miss off to the east. I don't want to end up in a drought situation because of the lack of snowfall this winter season and I would love the excitement of tracking a bonafide snowstorm for my area. I mean most of you guys have had at least 2 major snowfalls this year already and I am still awaiting my first.

I'd much rather a west and wet scenario. It's getting tiresome to track storms and then miss off to the east. I don't want to end up in a drought situation because of the lack of snowfall this winter season and I would love the excitement of tracking a bonafide snowstorm for my area. I mean most of you guys have had at least 2 major snowfalls this year already and I am still awaiting my first.

well then you want the 0z ggem solution, cause the 12z one would turn u to rain.

I haven't had a major one yet. I'm just saying we wouldn't want 12z Euro solutions that warm everyone.

Archived