joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is again the models want to go towards a monster storm as opposed to a SW flow event...a SW flow event with that high can drop major front end snows, but by slowing and phasing and blahhh blahhhh blahhhhhhhhhhh taking its sweet old time to fire the high has too much time to move out.

I'd take the monster storm over some ho hum SW flow event. The monster storm would be historic, regardless of mixing or changeover.

how does that disturbance in the south manage to seemingly "wait" for the northern stream for 24 hours to come and phase with it...no way this happens.

I agree. Given the fast flow, I suspect this "wait" is a red flag. More likely, at least in my view, is that everything keeps moving and something along the lines of last night's ECMWF ensemble mean/operational Euro is more likely than the solution shown at 12z. That the GFS ensembles are in reasonable agreement with last night's ECMWF ensemble mean leads me to conclude that the 12z Euro might be an outlier. Of course, I could be wrong.

I'm glad someone else noticed it too!!!

I'm a tad suprised not too many people are commenting on that. If you put the low further south it has much more time to bomb out before it gets to our area and with the trough going negative and all that energy bottled up in the base we end up with one major system. Even if it didn't turn out to be all snow it would be remembered.

that's actually more of where I would have expected the Euro's surface low to be as well.. even the next time frame on the euro, it seems too far west.. a bit later on, it does seem to end up in the right spot...

Though the ECM is alot slower you actually do have an area of low pressure off the coast..

The western extension just spreads inland indicating a broad surface low ....

NOGAPS 150

Though the ECM is alot slower you actually do have an area of low pressure off the coast..

The western extension just spreads inland indicating a broad surface low ....

NOGAPS 150

yes, it is a broad area.. and the other thing is that the low jumps due east from hour 174 to 180, which would lead me to believe that the center of the low is more likely on the eastern side of the envelope when it is still a broad center.

Another thing...

Chances are that the ECM is more to the west the way it is due to it holding the system further south in the GOM too long...

Here is the UK

Note its not as far south as the ECM....

The ECM takes almost 24 hrs to move from the west side of Lousianna to the Eastern Side of that state...

Archived