joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting the vibe in this pattern that the +PNA isn't going to cut it for us the same way the -NAO and blocking scored the bigger hits. Pattern of highs pulling off the coast as storm enters isn't a really good combo.

Any word on the fate of the NAO in the next 5-10 days? We need that blocking pattern back we had in late December.

150 has heavy precip up and down the eats coats.. 850 line from DC south... surface line moving north.. 1036 high sliding off the east coast of maine. Big DEEP trough over the central conus, almost closed off at h5 by Mich.. Pos tilt before the MS river so far..

156 big neutral trough splitting the MS river...blob of precip over east coast.. 40 south is rain, NYC stradling the 850 line

162. low orginizing by VA beach...trough going neg.. about to close off again over OH valley..

168, rainstorm for most of MA and NE...broad 1000mb low over NJ.. trough neg, nothing closed off....

Seems like the 1036 high is torching the WHOLE bl.. maybe a SNE snowstorm... (verbatim, a front end dump for NYC north)

174 GL and far western NY/SE canada snowstorm

God the models are all over with this, the Euro progression from 120-144 is very odd....how does that disturbance in the south manage to seemingly "wait" for the northern stream for 24 hours to come and phase with it...no way this happens.

I was thinking same thing, Listening to the analysis is like a train wreck is it good, is it bad ,is it in between.. As usual each model has a different interpretation of next weeks storm chance , I guess the good news is at least all models are picking up on it in some form or another..

God the models are all over with this, the Euro progression from 120-144 is very odd....how does that disturbance in the south manage to seemingly "wait" for the northern stream for 24 hours to come and phase with it...no way this happens.

So what do you think would happen if the Euro did not "wait" for it?

the front end thump on the euro is not much...prob close to the last event we had...1-2. DCA and bwi get the most prob 3-6 for them

The problem is again the models want to go towards a monster storm as opposed to a SW flow event...a SW flow event with that high can drop major front end snows, but by slowing and phasing and blahhh blahhhh blahhhhhhhhhhh taking its sweet old time to fire the high has too much time to move out.

The problem is again the models want to go towards a monster storm as opposed to a SW flow event...a SW flow event with that high can drop major front end snows, but by slowing and phasing and blahhh blahhhh blahhhhhhhhhhh taking its sweet old time to fire the high has too much time to move out.

Yeah i agree...the solution is prob bunk......it waits like you said for the northern stream while the high is moving out.....its a 150hr forcast...we need to take it with a grain of salt...plus last week this time i believe the models had me losing my snowpack also....we all know how that turn out

Archived