12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I love how the GFS shows a few flakes of snow and half the forum switches to this thread. You guys truly love snow.

:thumbsup:

It reminds me of the conference at a hotel where the management came in and yelled tornado warning and every person in the room instead of going to the shelter ran outside or when I was on a fishing boat and the entire crew jumped IN the water when they thought they saw a tiger shark in what was an environment where they normally never show.

here is ooz ukie at 144. Much slow than gfs with closed off H5 but also HP has already moved off the coast. If this came up the coast, it would be wet, not white.

I think the 0z UKMET is too slow with the storm; you can already see precipitation streaming into the Southern Plains on the GFS at 84 hours, and these storms don't like to wait around. I would imagine the storm occurs in the Day 5 time range when the high pressure is still in decent position. The ECM ENS also support the idea of the storm being off the coast instead of an inland runner. Also, the antecedent airmass is truly arctic with NYC's 850s around -20C Monday morning and -12C right as the storm forms, arguing for a snowy solution.

True, Plus alot of people sense Next weeks storm can possibly be something big(At least Bigger than the next event)..The signals are definitely there..

Next week's storm could be a classic in the making...+PNA is on absolute steroids, we have high heights over the North Atlantic, very strong southern shortwave digging with the northern stream injecting energy from the Northern Rockies, etc. I really like the look on the GFS for a major I-95 coastal storm, time will tell of course. The GFS also brings the cold back after the storm, so no chance of it melting down immediately like February 2006 did.

<br />It reminds me of the conference at a hotel where the management came in and yelled tornado warning and every person in the room instead of going to the shelter ran outside or when I was on a fishing boat and the entire crew jumped IN the water when they thought they saw a tiger shark in what was an environment where they normally never show.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have a funny tornado warning story.. When I was a freshman in college, I had a friend who was a met major too.. Well, some of the dorms are 22 story towers and he was convinced he saw a funnel cloud.. So he started running down 22 flights of stairs yelling "tornado, tornado" and ran over to the weather building... It was classic. lol

I think the 0z UKMET is too slow with the storm; you can already see precipitation streaming into the Southern Plains on the GFS at 84 hours, and these storms don't like to wait around. I would imagine the storm occurs in the Day 5 time range when the high pressure is still in decent position. The ECM ENS also support the idea of the storm being off the coast instead of an inland runner. Also, the antecedent airmass is truly arctic with NYC's 850s around -20C Monday morning and -12C right as the storm forms, arguing for a snowy solution.

Next week's storm could be a classic in the making...+PNA is on absolute steroids, we have high heights over the North Atlantic, very strong southern shortwave digging with the northern stream injecting energy from the Northern Rockies, etc. I really like the look on the GFS for a major I-95 coastal storm, time will tell of course. The GFS also brings the cold back after the storm, so no chance of it melting down immediately like February 2006 did.

The models seem to be settling on the weak low idea...the 12Z Euro was deep but its ensembles largely were not...the weak low idea is great if the sytem happens pre hour 144 or so...if it happens after that we want a deep system that will draw in the cold air....a weak 1005mb low once the high is gone will be an elevation snowstorm most likely.

<br /><br /><br />

I have a funny tornado warning story.. When I was a freshman in college, I had a friend who was a met major too.. Well, some of the dorms are 22 story towers and he was convinced he saw a funnel cloud.. So he started running down 22 flights of stairs yelling "tornado, tornado" and ran over to the weather building... It was classic. lol

This is classic...freshman overreaction to the extreme...

<br />This is classic...freshman overreaction to the extreme...<br /><br /><a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZOPpBjz-Y' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YVZOPpBjz-Y</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

It was hilarious.. It happened like 17 years ago, but I remember it like yesterday.. I won't even get into the part where he sings air supply songs in front of a bunch of girls and does it with real meaning.. Sorry for being off topic.. Back to the storm

That would be a perfectly timed scenario, with the storm possibly riding up with the HP to north maintaining the cold air mass, of course most storms need perfect timing. I didn't track PDII, but this seems starkly similar in regards to the high to the north, but it also depends whether or not that HP scoots off to the East, and of course if the system itself takes a nice track off the coast.

Archived