joxey
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and there's Goose's hr84 storm on the 18z Nam. hmmmmm

http://www.nco.ncep....8/fp0_084.shtml

Yeah I noticed this on the 12z EC. It was on 00z EC as well but further north. Some mets have said if it really bombs out it could help us in the long term. It is funny though how it hasn't been given much attention especially considering the tendencies of models shifting late in the game so far this season.

This model blows from what I gather but check that depiction out....

IDY20000.mslp-precip.144.png

link plz...i'm trying to collect the weird foreign models

I have an italian if you'd like, but as far as i can tell, it only runs at 0z

oh btw, anyone have the German? i can only find north atlantic plots for that one

As far as this storm is concerned, I'm just gonna wait until we are like 2.5 days out before getting excited. The latest "disaster" has me petrified at believing them any farther out.

Edit: Found the link for the aussie :thumbsup:

Now I know why the MA board just crashed.

The 12z GFS is much weaker with that energy at the same time frame as the 18z NAM 84hr system. This alone should be a flag...and especially since the NAM has begun making 84hr bombs more of a regularity as of late only to loose them on the next run.

It would be nice if we could get the models to agree on one event 4-5 days out this season. This may be our best chance so far this season.

Tough in La Ninas...the northern stream causes problems, we saw this with the January 2000 and December storm...the data basically stinks in Canada and both cases were likely partially due to the northern disturbance not properly sampled til late...its just that the models were better and caught on sooner a decade later...same reason I've said we could see a drastic shift on the 00z runs tonight in regards to the system for Friday as the northern branch wave was basically still quite far north this morning.

The storm at the end of the NAM's range continues to blow off the Carolina coast, the northern stream shortwave should phase with it over extreme E NE and cause it to become a massive 50/50 low possibly setting the stage for a big event next week.

Yeah, when I saw it on the 84hr NAM at 18z I was thinking about a possible 50/50 low.

next week will not be a rainstorm. GEFS have become stronger with the HP and look like the JMA at 156 hours. Scandanavian / east based NAO should be enough to lock in the 50/50.

With a digging but not closed of H5, we should be able to propel moisture north into the cold dome for at the very least a nice over running event subject to more if any phasing causes an slp to strengthen off the coast.

Archived