gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Threat Jan 25-28th time fram. Possible Miller A

IsentropicLift

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's got that PDII-ish kind of feel, like yesterday... not a strong low, but strong high...all we need is a low level jet at 850 mb right about now an we'd be golden.

As others have said, we actually dont want a strong low for various reasons (inland track, more banding of precip).... a weak low bringing overrunning snows over a dome of arctic air a la Feb 1983 or Feb 2003 is the ticket! I believe the nao was positive with the latter also-- completely PAC driven.

138 hrs, broad area of sub 1008 low off NJ. Really has not moved much at all. Through 144 same thing just slides the whole are slowly north with light-moderate precip moving north with the storm very slowly. By 144 hrs the zero lines run right along the coast the whole way. with zero 850 just off shore.

Was PDII considered an overrunning event?

I was actually just reading the PDII storm in the KU book to refresh my memory.. the big key players was obviously the strong high pressure, but there was a persistant 25m/s 850 mb low level jet that just kept bringing moisture back into our area... I wish the Euro charts had 850 mb heights along with temp to see what the winds speeds are at that level.

Archived