e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Off we go, Tracking the Friday All In Storm/NADS

stormtracker

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thinks its been doing pretty well. It handled last night very well.

that's the way I felt and said it last night

the NAM is still too wound up, but 6Z became flatter

3Z SREF's are flatter too than 21Z run

I think, in the end, we'll be looking at a glorified cold frontal passage with a wave on it; flow seems too fast

even the Euro has nothing because of the flow (and then the knucklehead JB goes for the fences again :axe: )

1-2" down around DCA and 3-4" at the MD/PA border(assuming all snow)

that's the way I felt and said it last night

the NAM is still too wound up, but 6Z became flatter

3Z SREF's are flatter too than 21Z run

I think, in the end, we'll be looking at a glorified cold frontal passage with a wave on it; flow seems too fast

even the Euro has nothing because of the flow (and then the knucklehead JB goes for the fences again :axe: )

1-2" down around DCA and 3-4" at the MD/PA border(assuming all snow)

JB is now calling 3-6 locally 8 for DC or did i read that wrong???

actually, I think he misplaced his commas

DCA is 1-3" local 5"...I think

His poor punctuation probably resulted in a weenie suicide somewhere. Grammar is a lost art it seems. Does anyone else cringe when the apostrophe "s" is erroneously used to indicate the plural, or "it's" is used to indicate the possessive vice the contraction "it is," or the words too/to are mixed up, or the words lose/loose are mixed up? If not, I will seek help.

His poor punctuation probably resulted in a weenie suicide somewhere. Grammar is a lost art it seems. Does anyone else cringe when the apostrophe "s" is erroneously used to indicate the plural, or "it's" is used to indicate the possessive vice the contraction "it is," or the words too/to are mixed up, or the words lose/loose are mixed up? If not, I will seek help.

your being to critical :P

Mattie -- that was by no means directed at you. In fact, I should have removed the name from the quote. Yours was simply the first occurrence in the thread that became grammar critiquing on AmericanWX. LOL.

I figured as much, but couldn't help it. I'm a grammar Nazi myself, so it's all in good fun.

OK, I admit that I, too, get peeved at seeing the improper use of its (possessive pronoun) vs. it's (contraction for it is). Maybe because all through school they almost literally pounded that distinction into our heads so I'm always aware of it. Same with lose/loose and to/too, as you mention. And for that matter, accept vs. except! In graduate school, I even saw someone who had posted a sign for something (can't recall offhand the subject matter), which said "Incourage others to..." (should have been ENCOURAGE others), and it always bothered me especially since that person was somewhat arrogant in my opinion. Oh, and call me a little old fashioned, but I don't much care for the use of "indexes" for the plural of index, even though now that's considered correct and acceptable. I still use "indices".

It's (haha!) similar to when I took Calculus in high school, the instructor always said "I'll take a point off for every missed 'dx' and point off for every missed '+ C' for the constant in the solution of an indefinite integral!" And he meant it. Mathematical punctuation, if you will!:lol:

Sorry for the diversion, now back to some weather!

I'd feel a lot better about the means "showing the way" if Wes or Ian (or one of the other red tags) wandered through and said there was more reason to be optimistic about them doing that this time than the other times this winter that that has not worked out for us.

Ian's waiting for you to pour your bowl of Corn Flakes before he can piss in them.

Archived