amirah5
Off we go, Tracking the Friday All In Storm/NADS

stormtracker

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope the NAM isn't sniffing something out the others have missed

just sayin'

we'll know something tonight I suppose, or at least have an inkling on whether NAM is onto something

At least the screwjob could look a little different this time around. Off to the west will get it. Let's spread the wealth.

I just hope the NAM isn't sniffing something out the others have missed

just sayin'

we'll know something tonight I suppose, or at least have an inkling on whether NAM is onto something

EDIT: certainly would signal a patter change somewhat, but going the wrong way :arrowhead:

I'll take the NAM as a warm/north outlier. I bet the GFS will be weak and east again. A compromise would work nicely.

Yeah, that's good. Another possibility is "look at the ensembles!" since regardless of what the OP shows we are bound to have at least half, if not more, of the individual ensemble members giving us snow. arrowheadsmiley.png

Oh yeah exactly... "Ensembles still give support for snow." Uhh... it's just 2 of the members. "Quit being a weenie."

Yeah, that's good. Another possibility is "look at the ensembles!" since regardless of what the OP shows we are bound to have at least half, if not more, of the individual ensemble members giving us snow. arrowheadsmiley.png

How about, seasonal trend? Phasing and trough digging have occurred later/more easterly than models earlier showed. We should be golden by game time.

MDstorm

Ji must be getting to JB, I have never seen him be so specific about the fact that he thinks DC will be too far south and NOT get significant snow from this storm. For those just bashing him, if you know JB code it was easy to see he didn't really think we would do well with the last storm either. Just wish he would say when he thinks DC will get a big snow instead of simply pointing out each time that we wont.

Ji must be getting to JB, I have never seen him be so specific about the fact that he thinks DC will be too far south and NOT get significant snow from this storm. For those just bashing him, if you know JB code it was easy to see he didn't really think we would do well with the last storm either. Just wish he would say when he thinks DC will get a big snow instead of simply pointing out each time that we wont.

just read that

its a change from what he had been saying

and just as he says it, GFS is looking much flatter at 48 hrs than NAM

just read that

its a change from what he had been saying

and just as he says it, GFS is looking much flatter at 48 hrs than NAM

I will wait for all the 0z guidance before jumping ship but again I do not like how this is becoming northern branch dominated again. Northern branch driven events are not always bad for this area if the northern branch digs enough, but this is rare in a nina to get the jet to buckle enough for that. We need a storm to be more southern branch driven and that is again looking to be trending the wrong way here.

I will wait for all the 0z guidance before jumping ship but again I do not like how this is becoming northern branch dominated again. Northern branch driven events are not always bad for this area if the northern branch digs enough, but this is rare in a nina to get the jet to buckle enough for that. We need a storm to be more southern branch driven and that is again looking to be trending the wrong way here.

forget it this year

just forget it

what we've seen is what we'll get

we just have to hope for a few more scraps than what we've been dealt so far this year

GFS looks a lot like 18Z

I'll take it

GFS is ok but the problem is the trend, its moving towards more amplified but doing it with the northern brach. Its slowly stepping towards a NAM type solution. GFS is kinda maxed out right now, without there being more blocking and with it being a northern branch system, unless we get phasing in the exact right spot, it can not be more then a low end event or else its rain.

GFS is ok but the problem is the trend, its moving towards more amplified but doing it with the northern brach. Its slowly stepping towards a NAM type solution. GFS is kinda maxed out right now, without there being more blocking and with it being a northern branch system, unless we get phasing in the exact right spot, it can not be more then a low end event or else its rain.

I'll choose not to over think it right now

I know the pattern this year and will look to see if the atmosphere has done any tweaking to it for this event

This is a good winter for you. All sorts of things going wrong. Last winter you were off your game.

I'll choose not to over think it right now

I know the pattern this year and will look to see if the atmosphere has done any tweaking to it for this event

true... it could change, its really amazing to me that no matter what the storm looks like at 5 days out, as soon as we get to about day 4 on in they evolve and change into what the seasonal pattern dictates. This system appears to be doing the same right now. it really comes down to one thing, systems will be northern branch dominated, and the northern branch will not dig south enough, and the H5 vort will take a path just to our north. All that equals the same result everytime, close but painfully left out.

Archived