• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Off we go, Tracking the Friday All In Storm/NADS

stormtracker

Doubtful. NYC and SNE are going to get shelacked again.

it could be similar to last week.. not many people were satiated by that. im hopeful it has a little more qpf but our top end is probably not that high since we are unlikely to get in on the coastal much if at all.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how after the last fiasco he said he was never going to advertise big snows for RIC and central VA again this year, and he's been honking more JB the last week.

dt is a good forecaster when it buckles down but i think he has too many "fans" these days so he is apt to just spew crap a lot to keep them fed.

I have had less than 3" here, so I would think that is well below average.

Yeah, that's certainly below average for mid-January. I don't know for sure what your climo is (~20"?), but you're still not that far of the mark. If your climo is ~20", it's probably broken down like this:

Nov: 0.1"

Dec: 2.5"

Jan: 6"

Feb: 8"

Mar: 3.5"

More or less. So, we're halfway through January, so you "should" be around 5.5". You've got about 50% of that. Get 3" on Friday and you're right back to normal. When PSUHoffman's storm buries us all next week, you're above normal :snowman::scooter:

dt is a good forecaster when it buckles down but i think he has too many "fans" these days so he is apt to just spew crap a lot to keep them fed.

He's a very good forecaster, or can be. His facebook page though is LOL-tastic...hundreds of weenies asking "how much for IMBY" and he keeps tossing out bones in the Day 5-10 range for big dogs.

Hoffman may be getting more excited about Friday the trough is digging more :thumbsup: .

I am still tracking it despite the plethora of "he punted" comments

Just because I like the setup next week (and I really do, H5 tracks south of us finally) does not mean I have given up on this completely. And yes the trends today are good, and perhaps I will gladly eat that crow.

Just because I like the setup next week (and I really do, H5 tracks south of us finally) does not mean I have given up on this completely. And yes the trends today are good, and perhaps I will gladly eat that crow.

Trust me i am not teasing you at all, for a non met you have amazing knowledge. Just from reading your posts over the years i have learned a ton about weather and what we need in this area for a good storm.

Trust me i am not teasing you at all, for a non met you have amazing knowledge. Just from reading your posts over the years i have learned a ton about weather and what we need in this area for a good storm.

I didn't think you were, its ok. I was just acknowledging you were right, the trends today are very positive. Don't worry I have pretty thick skin, have too teaching 10th graders and forecasting weather.

PS. Thanks for the complements

there is very little change the northern vort goes to our south. this run of the gfs is about as good as it gets imo, which wouldnt be bad if it was right.

there is very little change the northern vort goes to our south. this run of the gfs is about as good as it gets imo, which wouldnt be bad if it was right.

agree, the northern vort is not going to our south. But if we got EVERYTHING else to line up perfectly with some STJ moisture and the phase at the exact right time we could pull a 4-8" event out of the hat. It would have to be perfect and that is about the max for our area but its possible. Trends today are good so far.

I didn't think you were, its ok. I was just acknowledging you were right, the trends today are very positive. Don't worry I have pretty thick skin, have too teaching 10th graders and forecasting weather.

PS. Thanks for the complements

My pleasure, you should start a Foot's forecast type of thing with your students and then everyone on the board can tease you incessantly :popcorn: .

Archived