12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC Jan 17-19 Snow/Ice/Rain Storm Obs

am19psu

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think NYC and Nassau go over to ZR soon and hit ice storm warning criteria with temps struggling to 32 today with winds staying NE direction? No way 32 line gets north of LI south shore beaches and or within one mile of the LI south coast today. NYC should stay 30-31 all day. Why no upgrade to warning with low level cold erosion in the 1000 mb boundary layer failing ?

Do you think NYC and Nassau go over to ZR soon and hit ice storm warning criteria with temps struggling to 32 today with winds staying NE direction? No way 32 line gets north of LI south shore beaches and or within one mile of the LI south coast today. NYC should stay 30-31 all day. Why no upgrade to warning with low level cold erosion in the 1000 mb boundary layer failing ?

I don't know, but this is starting to get pretty scary here...only 24F and I doubt the ZR is too far away.

Upton needs to upgrade to ice storm warning for the 5 boros and northern Nassau county. (.50-.60 inch) glazing potential is possible. We never go to plain RA with NE winds and snow cover. Why are they staying with advisory and change to plain rain? Will be lucky to get to 32 today except for South of Southern Parkway on immediate south shore LI and S and E Suffolk. I bet NW Queens never turns to plain rain at all.

Upton needs to upgrade to ice storm warning for the 5 boros and northern Nassau county. (.50-.60 inch) glazing potential is possible. We never go to plain RA with NE winds and snow cover. Why are they staying with advisory and change to plain rain? Will be lucky to get to 32 today except for South of Southern Parkway on immediate south shore LI and S and E Suffolk. I bet NW Queens never turns to plain rain at all.

The temperature is creeping up with the high moving offshore...I'm up to around 28F right now although the rise has slowed some what. Extremely icy out in Southern Westchester.

In Bensonhurst brooklyn we got a good inch of snow followed by sleet and freezing rain, looks very slippery streets were not treated at all. Only good thing is that temps are creeping up it's 31.6, JFK I see is at 32 so the south shore of Brooklyn queens and the island will escape a bad icing situation.

Been raining here in Long Beach now for an hour. 36F currently.

Archived