joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Pete. Glad you made it. I sent you an e-mail to your work (used the "contact us" option) so I could tell you..

Thanks Mike, I sent a mournful letter to Marcus in the wee hours expressing my deep saddness for the loss of Eastern and thanking him for all the good work he had done over the years. I really thought I would lose touch with everyone and that really did make me sad. I went to SV hoping everyone would migrate there. They were gloating about the demise of Eastern and speculating that they would see a huge uptick in membership. One poster mentioned the switch to American and here I am. Not even sure I understand the coup but as long as we're all together I geuss it's ok. I do feel bad for Marcus as I feel he is hurt by all this. It sounds like he was going to close shop anyway though. Ok, back to regularly scheduled programming, Blizz is a weenie! Blizz is a weenie!!

Thanks Mike, I sent a mournful letter to Marcus in the wee hours expressing my deep saddness for the loss of Eastern and thanking him for all the good work he had done over the years. I really thought I would lose touch with everyone and that really did make me sad. I went to SV hoping everyone would migrate there. They were gloating about the demise of Eastern and speculating that they would see a huge uptick in membership. One poster mentioned the switch to American and here I am. Not even sure I understand the coup but as long as we're all together I geuss it's ok. I do feel bad for Marcus as I feel he is hurt by all this. It sounds like he was going to close shop anyway though. Ok, back to regularly scheduled programming, Blizz is a weenie! Blizz is a weenie!!

No need too, this was all really on his part, nobody wanted or asked for this to happen. His poor communication with the staff and the members left everyone guessing then he announces eastern was going to be shut down in early December so the mods/admins took action and made a place for everyone to migrate to then when word was posted about it he flipped and took eastern down like that.

Can any of you guys see who's in the thread? I can't see anyone on these threads.

Nope, can only see on the main index page. I assume this will be fixed over the next several days as more work is done with the server and all the settings and such. There is a pinned thread in OT by Wow where he will keep everyone updated on things and such.

Can any of you guys see who's in the thread? I can't see anyone on these threads.

I can't either, Scott!!! Buddy!!! I was realy bummed out thinking I wouldn't have your incisive posts to look to for guidance on all the upcoming winter weathe events. All is right with the world.

I can't either, Scott!!! Buddy!!! I was realy bummed out thinking I wouldn't have your incisive posts to look to for guidance on all the upcoming winter weathe events. All is right with the world.

LOL, I was worried moneypitmike was going to have to go on horseback through God's country and tell you to migrate here.

How to get a 12* temp differential in a 1000' foot walk:.

1) view from the station to the house

2) view from station across the back field in the direction of the second sensor

3) view from second sensor if you continue down the hill into the woods (about 50' more drop, but I figured the woods would corrupt the reading, so I sited in the field instead)

4) view from the second sensor back up the hill. No Pit or station visible. Black diamond sledding, you'd wish for a T-bar trying to get back up in 2' of snow.

GYX is mentioning snow for later next week...gotta love it.

THE FIRST WAVE AND AN ASSOCIATED WARM FRONT WILL BRING A CHANCE OF

SHOWERS TO THE REGION MONDAY NIGHT AND TUE. HOWEVER...A MUCH

STRONGER AND AMPLIFIED SHORT WAVE TROUGH WILL LIKELY BE

RESPONSIBLE FOR AIDING IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF STRONG SFC LOPRES

NEAR THE NJ COAST TUE NIGHT...WHICH SHOULD THEN PASS OVER SOUTHERN

NEW ENGLAND OR JUST SOUTH. THIS LOW MAY BE ACCOMPANIED BY A

DECENT SHOT OF RAIN TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WED...ALONG WITH A PERIOD

OF GUSTY WINDS.

WE/LL GET A BREAK IN THE ACTION LATE WED AND WED NIGHT BEFORE THE

NEXT SHORT WAVE TROUGH APPROACHES FOR THURSDAY. THIS SYSTEM

DOESN/T LOOK QUITE LIKE IT HAVE A LOT OF MOISTURE TO TAP

INTO...BUT STILL BEARS WATCH AS IT COULD BE A RAIN TO SNOW

SITUATION.

GYX is mentioning snow for later next week...gotta love it.

THE FIRST WAVE AND AN ASSOCIATED WARM FRONT WILL BRING A CHANCE OF

SHOWERS TO THE REGION MONDAY NIGHT AND TUE. HOWEVER...A MUCH

STRONGER AND AMPLIFIED SHORT WAVE TROUGH WILL LIKELY BE

RESPONSIBLE FOR AIDING IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF STRONG SFC LOPRES

NEAR THE NJ COAST TUE NIGHT...WHICH SHOULD THEN PASS OVER SOUTHERN

NEW ENGLAND OR JUST SOUTH. THIS LOW MAY BE ACCOMPANIED BY A

DECENT SHOT OF RAIN TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WED...ALONG WITH A PERIOD

OF GUSTY WINDS.

WE/LL GET A BREAK IN THE ACTION LATE WED AND WED NIGHT BEFORE THE

NEXT SHORT WAVE TROUGH APPROACHES FOR THURSDAY. THIS SYSTEM

DOESN/T LOOK QUITE LIKE IT HAVE A LOT OF MOISTURE TO TAP

INTO...BUT STILL BEARS WATCH AS IT COULD BE A RAIN TO SNOW

SITUATION.

Awesome--share the wealth!

I was really, truly depressed last night. I've grown so fond of MOST of you guys. I was beginning to think the NoHo GTG was the last supper.lol

Well hopefully eastern is opened back up for people to grab and save stuff. I already vented. It is what it is, but this is the homebase now for us to talk shop and BS, so let it freakin' snow this winter.

I was really, truly depressed last night. I've grown so fond of MOST of you guys. I was beginning to think the NoHo GTG was the last supper.lol

You want to see depressed? Check out how Blizz was taking the news that he couldn't logon through his ADP-supplied Blackberry. Serious serious chair tipping. AFAIK, he still can't post using it.

you channeled his spirit?

i would like to hear his thoughts on the miller b that could give coastal wx more accums then him.

temps warmin up quickly this am anyone know what the coldest in SNE was?

CEF reported 25 at 7am. They radiate quite well there.

Well hopefully eastern is opened back up for people to grab and save stuff. I already vented. It is what it is, but this is the homebase now for us to talk shop and BS, so let it freakin' snow this winter.

That's the part that sucks the most IMO, many folks had so much information saved there and now it might be all gone b/c someone had to act like an immature school girl? Some of the information on that site was so valuable words can't even describe. It's like an entire library of literature burned in a fire never to be replaced.

Archived