Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. So I go away to the 'dacks for a couple nights and wake up to a very hard frost yesterday, and then today on my way back I take the Crown Point ferry over the lake and hit Vermont Rt. 17, up through the high country pass with a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the catamounts working out on their roller-skis. Then drive down the hill past MRG with a whole bunch of white on the peaks, stop in Waitsfield for their annual ski and board sale, grab a wheat bagel and a cheddar croissant and dark roast turkish coffee, head up the Sugarbush access Rd just for the hell of it, and then back to Noho FIRED UP FOR WINTER--

And what do I find? A lovely note from Marcus...

Thank god for Fred Gossage posting the link on some wx board I've never heard of that google found. And thanks to all the mods and admins who put this site together fast. For a second there I was honestly thinking it might be back to the days of getting my weather fix with the Big Dog and the long ranger

:axe:

Sounds like a nice ride. :thumbsup: For awhile we used to say at the Waitsfield Inn for our hike club weekend - before they priced us out of their place. Now we go to Stowe. Anyway...always took 17 over the gap. I believe the Mt.. Abraham trail is accessed off route 17.

Down to 36 now.

Wow. So I go away to the 'dacks for a couple nights and wake up to a very hard frost yesterday, and then today on my way back I take the Crown Point ferry over the lake and hit Vermont Rt. 17, up through the high country pass with a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the catamounts working out on their roller-skis. Then drive down the hill past MRG with a whole bunch of white on the peaks, stop in Waitsfield for their annual ski and board sale, grab a wheat bagel and a cheddar croissant and dark roast turkish coffee, head up the Sugarbush access Rd just for the hell of it, and then back to Noho FIRED UP FOR WINTER--

And what do I find? A lovely note from Marcus...

Thank god for Fred Gossage posting the link on some wx board I've never heard of that google found. And thanks to all the mods and admins who put this site together fast. For a second there I was honestly thinking it might be back to the days of getting my weather fix with the Big Dog and the long ranger

:axe:

I found you guys. :) I was Downstate yesterday and unaware of the turmoil on the wx boards!

Gotta love these diurnal spreads, but bring on winter wx next week..... Already down to 39 here after upper 50's earlier.

Rick!! Glad you made it !! I was really quite dejected yesterday as I had no idea that "The American Weather Forums" had been born. So glad that everyone has found their way here, We have to let Andy know where we are. It wouldn't be the same without him.

Andy has surfaced on the Upstate NY side here. :) It sounds like he had a few auto issues such as a close encounter with a deer. :thumbsdown: but he found us here.

Down to 34/24 here.

Rick!! Glad you made it !! I was really quite dejected yesterday as I had no idea that "The American Weather Forums" had been born. So glad that everyone has found their way here, We have to let Andy know where we are. It wouldn't be the same without him.

Another night with a big temp difference here:

52.9 at the station, 39.0 at sensor #2. I never realized the difference was that much!

Meanwhile, I just went trekking through the field with my flashligh to check it. The coyotes were howling something fierce. All I could think of was "Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors. Beware the moon, lads".

An American Weenie in Shelburne

Awoooooooooo!

Well, they shot a wolf there

Nice moon

Indeed they did. The first wolf in Massachusetts in 100 years. lol It was at a sheep farm 1/2 mile up the road. It had been poaching their sheep. They figured it was coyote or coy-dog and took it out. Oops.

And that probably makes my list of favorite all-time movies.

LOL I made it !! again..its like the twilight zone..When I go to my profile and fix things add profile picture and whatever. I come out and go to this forum and nothing everything is gone as if i dont exsist ..so if you see this message tell my wife and kids i love them he's just lost in a weather forum .lol

LOL I made it !! again..its like the twilight zone..When I go to my profile and fix things add profile picture and whatever. I come out and go to this forum and nothing everything is gone as if i dont exsist ..so if you see this message tell my wife and kids i love them he's just lost in a weather forum .lol

Have you "saved changes"?

Another night with a big temp difference here:

52.9 at the station, 39.0 at sensor #2. I never realized the difference was that much!

Meanwhile, I just went trekking through the field with my flashligh to check it. The coyotes were howling something fierce. All I could think of was "Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors. Beware the moon, lads".

You have property large enough to have a 14 degree temperature difference across it? Do you own half the state lol?

I think they turned it off temporarily (it was on earlier) because to build that list of who is on takes extra resources on the server (an extra DB query). Eastern used to turn off the who's on when it got extremely busy during a big storm.

Yeah, I figured as much. John (Wow) said they would add it soon.

Glad to see you on the board.

What do you think of Friday?

Andy has surfaced on the Upstate NY side here. :) It sounds like he had a few auto issues such as a close encounter with a deer. :thumbsdown: but he found us here.

Down to 34/24 here.

Good,good. I really value his insights for ENY/WNE. He helps keep things balanced and not too Eastern Masscentric.

35/30 here currently.

Archived