joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blizz - I see you effectively used intimidation and/or pouting to get your screen name back. Do you know who had it?

There's a user now called CT Blizz 1 . It says he's a 16 yr old from New London ,Ct who likes REd Sox, weather and snow.. I'm pretty sure it's one of our SNE weenies that was trying to bust ballz. Whoever it is...I win..they lose

Today's a day to break out the shorts for one last time. 65-70 for everyone. TORCH!!!!

<ski_MRG>Maybe for you poor souls on the CP, but up here at 1,700' in God's Country we won't get out of the 40s. Heavy heavy flurries coming down now ... going to be a BIG winter. Excuse me while I go brush my long tresses.</ski_MRG>

Today's a day to break out the shorts for one last time. 65-70 for everyone. TORCH!!!!

Alot of cold air on the GFS. Looks like you might be right about the 20th time frame. Excellent !:thumbsup:

Getting excited to break out my snomobile. Hopefully the cold air will stick around.

<ski_MRG>Maybe for you poor souls on the CP, but up here at 1,700' in God's Country we won't get out of the 40s. Heavy heavy flurries coming down now ... going to be a BIG winter. Excuse me while I go brush my long tresses.</ski_MRG>

you channeled his spirit?

i would like to hear his thoughts on the miller b that could give coastal wx more accums then him.

temps warmin up quickly this am anyone know what the coldest in SNE was?

I think the first cold shot now might be transient and we warm up for a day or 2 the week of Thanksgiving..and then the bottom drops out Turkey day and beyond,,Still time for the cold tompress more..but the last 2 Euro runs showed that

not many are arguing about a 1-2 day warm up but are you ready to lock anything in when the euro shows your miller b today ? 4-8 tolland toothpaste....

The 0z ECM shows that the block is retrograding westward as we get towards Thanksgiving. It originally forms over the tip of SE Greenland and then moves more towards the Ice Sheet and starts to get into Baffin Bay. It's so intense that almost no one in Greenland would have 850s <-10C. This is when I expect the pattern to become more favorable for the East as the cold air starts to pour down on the backside of the block, behind the inevitable cutter that is going to come between the first moderate cold shot and the more severe arctic outbreak. I think this would be a great pattern for snow although I'd like to see a bit less of a -PNA and shift the block over the GoA a bit east into more of a traditional +PNA/-EPO set-up. Overall, though, I'm very pleased with where we're headed.

Let's just hope this isn't a case of the models overdoing the strength of the NAO...how many times have we ended up seeing this happen over the years :axe:

Maybe some convection tomorrow Paul? :lmao:

:lmao:

I have almost forgotten what convection is.

Well today really couldn't be any more perfect for the final home game of the Hartford Wolf Pack before the name change officially takes place on November 27th, which is their next home game. Temps in the mid to upper 60's under cloudless skies...perfect late fall afternoon. Chilly start to the morning but warming quickly, love these types of days.

There's a user now called CT Blizz 1 . It says he's a 16 yr old from New London ,Ct who likes REd Sox, weather and snow.. I'm pretty sure it's one of our SNE weenies that was trying to bust ballz. Whoever it is...I win..they lose

Maybe it is a repressed part of you that you have a hard time acknowledging and so you have unconsciously created this person to give a place to put the anxiety so you don't experience so much dissonance?

got to 26 here....thin ice on the pond again, that is becoming a daily occurence. But warming up fast and looking forward to a really really nice day. Enjoy it because it might be the last of the season. You really getting flurries Pete? crystal clear here. Glad to see you made it over.

Same with the ice here. It forms away from edges (about 10' onward toward the middle). I guess the woods prevent the edges from freezing so far.

Archived