• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Is anyone ready for Spring yet?

ArtRosen

Threw my back out trying to dig out my car, it's cold as hell outside and there's yet again more snow forecasted for tomorrow AND Tuesday. Enough is enough already. Who's up for opening up their pool and grilling some burgers?

Not nearly ready for Sping yet...but who says the grill ever closes? :)

I'll be out skiing or snowshoeing locally Saturday morning.

In the back of my head, I definitely am. I love snow....and this is the time of year for snow. So I don't mind..and I am rooting for a blizzard since I know it's impossible for it to be warm and sunny.

But when Spring comes...I don't mind either. I love short sleeved shirts, the shore, the pool, everything that comes with summer.

So I guess yes and no :lol:

Threw my back out trying to dig out my car, it's cold as hell outside and there's yet again more snow forecasted for tomorrow AND Tuesday. Enough is enough already. Who's up for opening up their pool and grilling some burgers?

Hell yes dude, I'm done with this crap. Growing up in the mountains of VA, I am used to the cold, but we would ALWAYS have brief interruptions of pretty significant warm ups (60s/70s). Give me some 80s/90s.

In the back of my head, I definitely am. I love snow....and this is the time of year for snow. So I don't mind..and I am rooting for a blizzard since I know it's impossible for it to be warm and sunny.

But when Spring comes...I don't mind either. I love short sleeved shirts, the shore, the pool, everything that comes with summer.

Long live all four seasons!

Hell yes dude, I'm done with this crap. Growing up in the mountains of VA, I am used to the cold, but we would ALWAYS have brief interruptions of pretty significant warm ups (60s/70s). Give me some 80s/90s.

The January departure from normal in central park is -0.6F through yesterday and at LGA its +0.8F. You are not going to be happy if we get into a cold pattern.

All I got to say is if you don't like the cold and snow, move to Florida or California. We maybe had like a month of good cold and snow compared to like 8-9 months of Spring and Summer like conditions, believe me I can wait till Spring. It's only mid January for god sakes, the middle of winter, lol.

I don't know how people can live in Florida. No snow at all.:thumbsdown:

I don't know how people can live in Florida. No snow at all.:thumbsdown:

I could live without snow. I actually did for 5 years in Phoenix. That being said, I only root for snowstorms because of the "thrill of the chase" with regard to tracking potential storms, the uniqueness of it, and the fact that, if I have to live in a cold climate, I want something to show for it besides an ugly, dead looking landscape.

yes Im ready for spring and summer, short sleeves, sun, ocean, getting a tan, bikinis, girls, summer breeze, smell of honeysuckle, fresh cut grass....at least we are moving toward it, the days are getting longer :sun: :sun: :sun:

This is the best thing I've read all day. :thumbsup: Nice job compiling and summarizing the essence of summer. Look at it this way – we're at like the Wednesday afternoon of the climatological transition from winter to summer, June roughly corresponding to Friday night.

Being a thunderstorm :wub: I'd rather have it this way, have winter patterns in winter and not in the fall or spring.

I much prefer a winter like 2009-10 than one like this. The storms were few, but all big except New Years weekend (which ended up still delivering a decent amount of snow over that 4 day period out here on the island) BUT there wasn't an unrelenting persistent cold. The non stop cold, although not severe, is annoying and costly, and hope everyone is checking their tire pressures weekly with these gas prices. I'd like mid 40s for a few weeks then some big blockbusters, but look forward to hopefully a decent Spring.

I much prefer a winter like 2009-10 than one like this. The storms were few, but all big except New Years weekend (which ended up still delivering a decent amount of snow over that 4 day period out here on the island) BUT there wasn't an unrelenting persistent cold. The non stop cold, although not severe, is annoying and costly, and hope everyone is checking their tire pressures weekly with these gas prices. I'd like mid 40s for a few weeks then some big blockbusters, but look forward to hopefully a decent Spring.

Yeah, I'm ready for the January thaw... but we have at least two events coming up delivering us snow and meanwhile my car is FINALLY out of the driveway! I can be among civilization again! Of course that is until the next snowstorm. Snowblowers are expensive and I've got snowpiles on the sides of roads taller than I am (I'm 6'2). Never, never seen a winter like this before.

Nope. I'm in winter mode until late March. I haven't gotten a snowstorm over 5 inches so far, so I'm not close to burned out on snow. I could take a couple more storms and then a week or two thaw before more wintry weather.

Haha, I'm sure others in my area will vehemently disagree, but I'll take some coastal/inland cutters so you guys get

your share. Central North Shore long island has little to complain about in the 21st century. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have to commute, or could live in a cabin a la Misery or even the Shining, I'd love nothing more than to be buried non stop. I find I love winter better upstate, like Lake George....bc now, here, it's more an issue.

Kind of looking forward to warmer weather myself. It's been somewhat disappointing for us. We've been missed on all sides by the good snows. Two of the one inchers turned to ice on the roads. It was miserable to drive in. Slid off the road and hit the curb one time. I hate ice.

Can't use my snowshoes in less th less than 6 inches. Except for the anticipation not fun and I need some sunshine.

Well, LC in his newletter last night stated--not as a forecast--but between a few analogs of similar winters and the projected lessening or elimination of the -NAO he feels east of the Rockies turns warmer in February despite his cautioning about current projections of +PNA and deep snow pack in East.

Archived