• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GL/MW/OV January 2011 Disco Part II

Chicago Storm

Agree 1000% :thumbsup: Denver is overrated when it comes to average snowfall. No one beats Buffalo and to me thats a major city

No doubt Buffalo is better than Denver in terms of snowfall. But have you been to Buffalo? Far from a major city... makes Cleveland look like a booming metropolis.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stebo is from Detroit City?

damn, that is some scary sh*t

lol you guys :gun_bandana: ...Stebo is from Eastpointe, a suburb bording Detroit city proper. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, as some of the wealthiest and safest suburbs in the ENTIRE U.S. are literally minutes outside the Detroit city limits. Eastpointe is not necessarily one of those, but just saying. Hell, even some neighborhoods in Detroit (ie Boston Edison) or the center of downtown, if an out-of-towner unfamiliar with the area were to visit, they would say, "this CANT be Detroit?!".

Actually an outside joke, they sent a bunch of workers from my dads company (AT&T) to different cities in the U.S. for 2 weeks on business a few days ago, and it was all luck of the draw. He ended up in Columbus, not too far from CMH, in what he describes as a pretty nice area. His buddy, one of those suburban-living Detroit bashers, ended up all the way in L.A., in a very bad section that he says makes Detroit look like the garden of Eden. He said he will NEVER bash Detroit again.

So this post isnt totally OT....over half inch of snow overnight, a solid 5" on the ground, and several more rounds on the way the next several days. LOVE the feeling of mid-winter :thumbsup:

Picked up 0.6" of powder last evening and overnight, and now it looks like another band of snow is moving in (very light snow attm). By by tomorrow we should be over 10" on the month (with it only half over) and over 20" on the season (with it less than half over), so the pace has certainly picked up (as I knew it would ;) )

Mich-

I read in Detroit some dudes stole a new $90,000+ BMW from the car show... Hook me up!

Next week looks like a roller coaster.... Has us around 30F at one point, then -25F and then back up.... bunch of snow shots... interesting week... after that it looks mild.

LOL I thought you were joking and I went to the local paper online and there was the story. Just another reason why detroit gets a bad name. Hope that band stays together!

Mich-

I read in Detroit some dudes stole a new $90,000+ BMW from the car show... Hook me up!

Next week looks like a roller coaster.... Has us around 30F at one point, then -25F and then back up.... bunch of snow shots... interesting week... after that it looks mild.

lol....yeah a BMW was stolen, last year 6 BMWs were stolen at the NY auto show. That company is not going to want to put these on display anymore. Now, if the thieves headed to Bloomfield Hills, where every other car is a BMW, it will blend right in. But dont those cars have tracking devices in them anyway?

Back on topic..

DTX mid-winter update to the winter outlook:

http://www.crh.noaa....Outlook2011.pdf

Deedler says his original call of near to below normal temps was not cold enough, and expects the DJF average to end up in the -2F to -4F range. As for snowfall, while SE MI is generally normal right now (with some areas slightly below), he expects more than half the snow is yet to come (a backend-loaded winter), so in the end all of SE MI should have near to locally above normal snowfall (whereas in his original outlook he said the above normal snowfall lollipops would be limited to the northern part of the area, the colder winter means it can happen anywhere in SE MI).

We're almost to the mid point of meteorological winter, and as I look at Indianapolis, they've seen 23.6" of snow since December 1st. Below is the top 10 list for snowiest meteorological winters (D-J-F) at Indy. Needless to say, they probably have a good shot of entering the top 10, barring a complete shutdown of winter in the near and extended future.

1981-82...51.0"

1977-78...49.7"

2002-03...46.9"

1973-74...39.3"

1995-96...37.8"

1978-79...37.8"

1983-84...32.6"

1892-93...32.4"

1909-10...32.3"

1917-18...32.2"

Just looks like a parade of northern stream waves for the next week. The good news is that these can deliver decent snowfalls (as we have seen all winter) and keeps our snow on the ground from melting. Maybe at some point down the road we will get some southern stream interaction. Maybe March?

I want to be chasing in March :thumbsup:

Just looks like a parade of northern stream waves for the next week. The good news is that these can deliver decent snowfalls (as we have seen all winter) and keeps our snow on the ground from melting. Maybe at some point down the road we will get some southern stream interaction. Maybe March?

February.

I want to be chasing in March :thumbsup:

This.

Archived