joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GL/MW/OV January 2011 Disco Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MKE calling for .5 - 1.5, which sounds about right base on returns in that area. Overperformer :scooter:

Right now the a heavy band is expanding and intensifying in response to some pretty respectable 850/925 frontogenesis. Even the NAM has strong convergence along the front, but it is dry. We will have to see how far that feature translates E. Models are failing right now. Dropped a good 2" on the Twin Cities--and it has since expanded.

post-999-0-51549300-1294946417.gif

Anyone here from Lacrosse WI? That heavier band of snow showers is pushing in there. LSE just reported now.

frankthetank is.

LOT not expecting much more than flurries

18z update

MEANWHILE...A WEAK MID-LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA

LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE DYNAMICS WITH THIS SYSTEM ARE

WEAK AT BEST AND WILL...FOR THE MOST PART...REMAIN IN WI. IN

ADDITION...BUFKIT SOUNDINGS INDICATE A GOOD AMOUNT DRY AIR IN THE

LOWER LEVELS TO OVERCOME. THEREFORE...I DO NOT EXPECT MORE THAN A

FEW FLURRIES TONIGHT.

frankthetank is.

LOT not expecting much more than flurries

18z update

LOL I just looked at that map. Never even heard of FranktheTank. Yeah dry air will be an issue--I think that is why the models are so dry. Nonetheless, wherever that band sets up folks may get some surprise snow showers. All guidance kills the low level front/convergence as it pushes E into Chicagoloand, but we will see. Models are in fail mode now--and that mid level impulse is progged to continue E which may support it a while longer.

LOL I just looked at that map. Never even heard of FranktheTank. yeah dry air will be an issue--I think that is why the models are so dry. Nonetheless, wherever that band sets up folks may get some surprise snow showers. All guidance kills the low level front/convergence as it pushes E into Chicagoloand, but we will see. Models are in fail mode now--and that mid level impulse is progged to continue E which may support it a while longer.

Hey goes by a different name here. Daddydouchebag or something.

LOL I just looked at that map. Never even heard of FranktheTank. yeah dry air will be an issue--I think that is why the models are so dry. Nonetheless, wherever that band sets up folks may get some surprise snow showers. All guidance kills the low level front/convergence as it pushes E into Chicagoloand, but we will see. Models are in fail mode now--and that mid level impulse is progged to continue E which may support it a while longer.

AKA Daddylonglegs

I must have missed something here?

Last week when the models sucked and I was stuck on 9" for the season I went on a pms mini-rant about how I wouldn't get to 30" for the season. I was so confident in that claim that I promised the 5 members who posted after my rant 20 bucks each if I miraculously pulled off 30". Since then I've received 14" in 6 days.

Last week when the models sucked and I was stuck on 9" for the season I went on a pms mini-rant about how I wouldn't get to 30" for the season. I was so confident in that claim that I promised the 5 members who posted after my rant 20 bucks each if I miraculously pulled off 30". Since then I've received 14" in 6 days.

LOL. Looks like Hoosier and Stebo aka "the thugs" may come to break some fingers when you try and flee the continent.

nice and congrats to everyone who exploited your moment of weakness for cash gain.

back to weather, i see the 18z NAM simulated radar continues the mini fail.

Archived