Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Jan. 12 Regional Obs Thread

Sickman

8" here

Loved this snowfall. Heavy snow, powdery snow, was plowed immediately, so getting around today is possible. Shoveling was fun too and it wasn't overly exhausting due to the weight of the snow.

If only we could have temps stay in the 10s and 20s till March.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8" here

Loved this snowfall. Heavy snow, powdery snow, was plowed immediately, so getting around today is possible. Shoveling was fun too and it wasn't overly exhausting due to the weight of the snow.

If only we could have temps stay in the 10s and 20s till March.

This was very powdery yet it stayed on all the trees and houses! Pretty interesting. About 9 inches here and honestly I am very happy with that number despite the higher totals to my east. I keep on reminding myself how much worse a winter can be and how it's very easy to wind up with another 2007-2008. Snow is snow and I'll take every last flake.

Congrats to LI folks and CT folks!

LGA: 6.9"

JFK: 6.1"

NYC: 9.1"

Not bad.

I finished with 8.1" directly in between Central Park and LGA, in Astoria.

I am currently in Jamaica half way between JFK and LGA and there is 8 inches on the ground in an open flat area. I don't get how the two airports on their own are so low, especially JFK. Numbers are higher just to their east and west as well.

Guest Patrick

Finished up with about 10 inches here in Clifton, NJ..... family lives across town, finished with 8.5..... Clifton is large geographically, but it would be nice to have some confirmation of my total from my friends in lower Bergen County.

I am currently in Jamaica half way between JFK and LGA and there is 8 inches on the ground in an open flat area. I don't get how the two airports on their own are so low, especially JFK. Numbers are higher just to their east and west as well.

LGA number isnt bad. 7" for them.

Not too unreasonable.

went out and shoveled the driveway.. that electric snow blower certainly helped a ton LOL..

i was actually surprised to measure an average of 13"! the highest measurement i got was around 17" but that was certainly inflated because of the snowpack that existed before this storm... lowest measurement was around 11"... i'm thinking KISP will still end up 2-4" higher than what i got (as they always do)...:lol:

I had about 12" in Larchmont. The heavier banding that brought almost 15" to nearby Greenwich just missed. Just to the east, on the Long Island Sound in Larchmont, there's probably about 13".

And in Greenwich, although I had 14.5" I just missed out on the heavier banding that crushed Danbury and Ridgefield tongue.gif

Still a great storm here, nearly 15 inches from 10 pm to 6 am

Final Totals:

Storm: 14.5"

Pack: 19"

We're looking at no more than between 6-10 inches of new stuff here in Oceanside (eye balled).

Whats the story with Eastern LI? I was watching this thing till about 2:30 last night; did they get rain for the early part of the evening then it changed to snow? I know they got A LOT heavier bands than we did out in Nassau for the most part and its still lingering there.

Archived