gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
NYC Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does something about this storm feel much more interesting than the boxing day blizzard... The radar looks like it's going to come in like a sheet of snow... I just have a good feeling about this storm...

It's more high risk for a lot of us. Boxing Day was a sure thing. We're teetering on the brink here south and west of NYC. The complexity of a coastal transfer makes it interesting too...and will feel really rewarding if it happens explosively and early enough to catch more of us.

Satellite trends lead me to believe this will begin pulling straight N, not NE like the 18Z NAM.

Mr BI,

I haven't said this before, but you are a fantastic Met. Your lone wolf position on the Boxing Day storm several days out proved your knowledge and mettle. You always seem to bring good analysis to the table. Kudos.

Mr BI,

I haven't said this before, but you are a fantastic Met. Your lone wolf position on the Boxing Day storm several days out proved your knowledge and mettle. You always seem to bring good analysis to the table. Kudos.

+1 to this !! I read all your posts. Thanks for the time you put in here!

And while I am at it.. A big Thanks to the few regular pros who post in here ! You know who you are. I have learned alot from you guys over the years.

Mixing issues in LI or poss landfall in eastern LI ?

I don't know about a landfall yet, perhaps just east...it would be tough to directly make landfall on LI. Either way, there is a threat this pulls farther W than todays guidance if some of these trends keep up.

Mr BI,

Thanks, I try my best. I just love tracking weather. These Nor'easters are especially exciting.

Any implications for E. Se Pa.?

I haven't been tracking snowfall for that area, but if it keeps up there will be more snow than forecasted.

RUC looks great through 7

there is a 6hr period on the 00z RUC where the dynamics are great and it is during this time that NYC could pick up 90% of its accumulation with snow rates ranging from 1-3in per hr. For the luckiest who end up in the heaviest bands, thundersnow and snowfall rates approaching 4in/hr or more possibility for a short period of time.

Archived