joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Midwest Thanksgiving Storm...

Powerball

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could work with that track if it was later in the season.. I'd prob loose a lot to LM now. If nothing else it sure feels good to be back on the field of weenies for a few preseason tracks together before winter.

You might not lose a lot to the lake in this setup imo. There is plenty of cold air ready to flood in. Probably should wait to see if the low actually takes a favorable track though.

You might not lose a lot to the lake in this setup imo. There is plenty of cold air ready to flood in. Probably should wait to see if the low actually takes a favorable track though.

I agree with everything.

I'm just tickled we have our first possible winter threat to track in the MW/GL and signs are coming together it could be a potent bugger somewhere. No bad attitude during this track from me because this is still not really a favorable time for a big one here. Week or 10 days later I could see this system giving me fits from run to run just like its going to do to the models.

Cya guys in 5 hrs :arrowhead:

Jesus. Got home from work and checked the boards and found 12+ new pages on this storm since this morning. Definitely didn't expect that!

The 18z GFS is definitely trending in the right direction. Even last night's run had a better look to it than previous runs. Good to see all of the models hinting at something big. That's a good sign. Usually when they latch on to something a week out like this something big ends up happening somewhere. Definitely makes sense with such a powerful arctic surge on the way. That's the benefit we get after having such a warm Fall. It allowed the cold to just build in the arctic.

It's all gonna come down to the timing of the arctic intrusion. As a few others stated, definitely a good chance of freezing rain setting up somewhere with this. These early season arctic pushes are notoriously shallow on the front end, and we all know what that means. Gonna be fun to watch.:popcorn:

It's too early to concede this storm for those of us to the SE, but for the most part think you're right. Transitional events rarely work out here. I think we've got a better chance once the cold air becomes entrenched.

Normally I would agree with this, but this what system 3 in the train of storms, I think the SE of model guidance right now are very much in the game.

laugh.gif

Though it's sorta refreshing to see someone not buy into "its gotta go NW". Plus I can see his reasoning too. :)

Lots of time though for changes...lots of time.

Yup....we won't have a decent idea until 00Z Tuesday when the mid level vort and the upper jet start to enter the RAOB network in the NW....then it wwill be interesting to see how under-done the models are on 500 heights and 250 winds.

Yup....we won't have a decent idea until 00Z Tuesday when the mid level vort and the upper jet start to enter the RAOB network in the NW....then it wwill be interesting to see how under-done the models are on 500 heights and 250 winds.

We could almost start a thread on that as an over/under....My guess would be under-done by 20 meters (thought about saying 40) and 40 kts.

Actually:

There are upper air stations across Canada. They are more sparse, but still much better than nothing.

The piece of energy that is progged to become the T-day storm is currently bottled up in the current PV parked near the north pole. That should start being sampled by the NOAM network within the next 24-48 hours.

We may have a better idea sooner than normal.

Actually:

There are upper air stations across Canada. They are more sparse, but still much better than nothing.

The piece of energy that is progged to become the T-day storm is currently bottled up in the current PV parked near the north pole. That should start being sampled by the NOAM network within the next 24-48 hours.

We may have a better idea sooner than normal.

Yeah I think he means the better RAOB network of the NW US, sometimes the stuff in Canada misses the RAOBs, and thus this is where satellite imagery comes in handy.

Archived