• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Midwest Thanksgiving Storm...

Powerball

The H5 trough is still positively tilted on the gem, I would bet the low heads ENE/NE for 24 hours from there to NW KY and then into S. Indiana.

Thumb rule: For short term motion, you can use the thickness lines as a rough guide to SLP movement. I wouldn't do this over a longer period of time though, since these lines are deformed by advection.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey y'all. unfortunately, i haven't followed MW storms much this year (i miss it), but i'll be in southern IN from wed-sun (flying into chicago wed evening), and i finally got around to noticing this one.... haven't looked much yet at the runs.

sadly, only looks like flurries on turkey day for the bloomington, in, area right now.

I agree Aleking, but if this thing is going to be as deep as that maps progs it at there will be some precip getting thrown back into the cold side...and I just lost my train of thought as to what else I was going to say. Oh, these SW systems being notoriously slower than modeled... that should be something to keep in mind as well... could lead to some further digging before it actually ejects out or could allow the cold to shoot down out of Canada and then shoot a low out of the SW on a more flatter W-E track. Still quite a while to watch this one, we're at a time when I think the trends bear more watching until Sun/Mon.

Thumb rule: For short term motion, you can use the thickness lines as a rough guide to SLP movement. I wouldn't do this over a longer period of time though, since these lines are deformed by advection.

Thanks....I wish I could lock this run in and call it a day..but it would be a quick hitter, not even sure if it develops a lot of precip in the cold sector by me though.

So.. everyone is waiting for the Euro... It's running now I believe. Will it be more like the GFS, or more like the GGEM?

Stay tuned for another exciting episode of........ as the models run...

I'll bet somewhere in between, or something ridiculous like a 970 low over chicago.

I'm guessing the Euro will come in with something similar to the 12z Euro, but with a few minor differences. I doubt it will have a glorified cold front like the GFS. Even if it does downplay things, I'm still pretty confident we'll have a big snowstorm next week.

Somebody on this board will be digging out from this beast this time next week. The million dollar question is who will it be? :pepsi:

Archived