e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pay attention to the clipper tonight in NC

HKY_WX

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA! That is freakin' amazing man! Of course I'm in north west Chapel Hill so I might get a passing flurry. Probably a wet snowflake in the face and thats about it though. :arrowhead::axe:

I don't think it's wise to take that completely literally. It's like 12 hours out, so of course it should be pretty accurate, but that's probably not going to happen EXACTLY the way it's progged on that NAM from this morning.

I don't think it's wise to take that completely literally. It's like 12 hours out, so of course it should be pretty accurate, but that's probably not going to happen EXACTLY the way it's progged on that NAM from this morning.

Thats a good point, and thanks again. I'm going to take a break and give these things time to shake out. I'm not expecting much out of the clipper tonight anyway, but would not be too surprised to see maybe a dusting in the morning.

My map from earlier, I did not post it given the WFO AFD's, namely RAH and MHX, but have since reconsidered based on the upstream picture . Granted we have some BL layer issues to contend with, but I still see a 1-3" band, about 20-40 miles wide going through NC. Training 30+ dbz returns would drop areas to a isothermal 32 and SN quick. I could be a little bullish, but the radar over TN looks good and development in that area continues to grow on every pass. This is going to be a quick hitter, likely said and done from 9pm around 77, to 3 am along and east of 95. Also Widre, notice I did not include PGV (mby) in the hatch, given the local pressure min in NC moving from around Shelby at 997mb, to the OBX at around 995-994, axis of QPF would be north of that imo.

post-382-0-69754500-1294439259.jpg

Up to 5" measured on my elevated board. Heaviest snow of the event coming down right now. Huge snowflakes, heavy quantity. I've picked up nearly 1" in the last 30 minutes.

I was in Gatlinburg this morning and it was snowing. Drove back on I-40, and snow fell almost to Asheville. Here's a pic from yesterday . Very beautiful large fluffy flakes.

post-1004-0-91572100-1294444333.jpg

The system is now taking on the appearence of very focused bands with high snowfall rates +1" per hour. Lookout if you are under one of these bands in the next 3-6 hours as the action moves off to the east.

I wonder where these bands are heading. Still holding out hope to see at least a few flurries here :rolleyes:

Archived