CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awful, I feel bad for the Mets that have to forecast this storm off of these........ :axe:

Seems that way but if they run with any one model or init time they'll be cooked in a pattern like this. Guessing they're using ensembles and looking at more than one run. Also see alot of 'track is uncertain' / "could change - stay tuned" type language in the forecasts so far this year, which is definitely called for.

As much as I keep looking for a consensus storm from 5 days out, it has been an education just watching the changes and reading about what's making it so tough to nail down.

i think QPF may crap the bed

edit hr 60 congrats S NY SW cT w L. I

hpc called for 6-8 inch strip there last nite.....qpf thru 60 says yep.

ct bliz look at the 48 54 60 hour frames for QPF over the area from S ny and SW CT perhaps 8 miles NE of NYC.

Hopefully we can all share in on the fun-- ABC already calling for 3-6 inches for western areas here and 6-10 for eastern areas.... might be a bit premature to issue a forecast though lol.

That thing could move 1 or 2 hundred miles at this time range.

Will looking at the 5h set up and the modeled SW's as we get closer is there any reason to suggest that the highest QPF will not be SHifting to the "climo" area of E SNE as many are posting.

I mean is there reason for those over SW CT ....Central LI to be gaining confidence in a plowable snow or not yet?

Will looking at the 5h set up and the modeled SW's as we get closer is there any reason to suggest that the highest QPF will not be SHifting to the "climo" area of E SNE as many are posting.

I mean is there reason for those over SW CT ....Central LI to be gaining confidence in a plowable snow or not yet?

Do you honestly think anyone can give a definitive answer to that....

Archived