northernriwx
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... GFS is a big fail.

Several inches for NYC... virtually nothing for most of SNE northeast of HVN

I fail to see the failure - it ain't great but...

GFS drops 2-4 statewide in Ct except 3-6 over SW CT not bad

...yeahhh, when do I get my advisory? Now would be good. I'm still feeling good. Even Ryan can't take this away from me.

I fail to see the failure - it ain't great but...

...yeahhh, when do I get my advisory? Now would be good. I'm still feeling good. Even Ryan can't take this away from me.

The GFS doesn't drop advisory snows in most of CT, not even close really. The .1" line is the notorious clown line and i'm pretty sure it's a recognized bias still today.

If the GFS played out as modeled I could maybe see some light snow showers here. I'd expect little or no accumulation even on most of the Cape. The saving grace may be some ocean enhancement.

This is the GFS as of now, which did make a significant shift NW. It's a lot closer to a decent hit for ENE/SE NE. But still too far east with storm #2.

.25" of qpf over 36 hours, I'm stoked!

I truly think some of the people here have lost their mind. People are seriously thinking 0.2" or 0.3" of QPF spread out over 48 hours is going to produce a widespread 3-6" of snow... not to mention the obvious and painful trend that this thing is moving in the WRONG direction.

I truly think some of the people here have lost their mind. People are seriously thinking 0.2" or 0.3" of QPF spread out over 48 hours is going to produce a widespread 3-6" of snow... not to mention the obvious and painful trend that this thing is moving in the WRONG direction.

As Scooter posted...the GFS won't be able to accurately predict qpf. HM says the same thing. Take a step back here

The GFS doesn't drop advisory snows in most of CT, not even close really. The .1" line is the notorious clown line and i'm pretty sure it's a recognized bias still today.

If the GFS played out as modeled I could maybe see some light snow showers here. I'd expect little or no accumulation even on most of the Cape. The saving grace may be some ocean enhancement.

This is the GFS as of now, which did make a significant shift NW. It's a lot closer to a decent hit for ENE/SE NE. But still too far east with storm #2.

I would get an advisory out of that, as has happened how many times on how many runs. I have high confidence in it, and Upton shares that sentiment. I'm not concerned about the rest of the state or NE. That's all :snowman:

Yeah they're pretty fascinating from a Met stantpoint, but what a pain to figure out. That would probably be nice for NYC and just east if the last 24 hrs of model solutions panned out, but this thing probably isn't done shifting around. I do kind of feel, that some sort of inv trough sets up for a time down there, but the question is what happens afterwards. Does it pivot or dissolve down that way, or does it get shoved off to the south or southeast as low pressure develops and brings snow further north. Some of the models bring downeast and eastern ME into the game. The euro ensembles have decent probs for precip over downeast ME...fwiw.

Usually these things set up and do their dirty work in one place then eventually dissolve as the forcing weakens. Kinda like strong mesoscale banding.

I agree,

just had a heavy coating here from those squalls.

There may be some nice fluff though. If you measure and clear every 6hrs with light totals like that you'll get some nice inflation.

Archived