amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see how the euro looks, but I think 12z tomorrow will probably finally nail the details down. It's a volatile setup with the NORLUN, and also the potential for low pressure to back in snow from the se. I don't see a major event, but that doesn't mean someone can't get low end warning. Hopefully 12z euro is promising. There seems to be a long duration potential here, so someone near the coast may do well? Again, just too early to nail down the details, but long duration erly flow probably should not be totally ignored.

We'll see how the euro looks, but I think 12z tomorrow will probably finally nail the details down. It's a volatile setup with the NORLUN, and also the potential for low pressure to back in snow from the se. I don't see a major event, but that doesn't mean someone can't get low end warning. Hopefully 12z euro is promising. There seems to be a long duration potential here, so someone near the coast may do well? Again, just too early to nail down the details, but long duration erly flow probably should not be totally ignored.

Don't you think everyone sees at least some accumulating snow? Tough to see how that won't happen with the flow/forcing and convergence

Well, I'm out on this one....an inverted trough over NYC and oes leaves me looking toward the Miller A.

Don't you think everyone sees at least some accumulating snow? Tough to see how that won't happen with the flow/forcing and convergence

I'd say the area has a shot at some light snow, yes. However, I don't know if I would say everyone is getting at least 2-4". It's early for that. Maybe the euro changes it...but if peeps are happy with an advisory type stuff..then I wouldn't give up at this stage. As usual, some may be screwed and some may do well.

Well, I'm out on this one....an inverted trough over NYC and oes leaves me looking toward the Miller A.

Well, hold the thought. That doesn't mean you won't see snow. By OES I don't mean confined to the rt 3 corridor. I explained earlier why it could be a little more widespread.

I'd say the area has a shot at some light snow, yes. However, I don't know if I would say everyone is getting at least 2-4". It's early for that. Maybe the euro changes it...but if peeps are happy with an advisory type stuff..then I wouldn't give up at this stage. As usual, some will be screwed and some will do well.

I think the problem is some folks are under the assumption they won't at least see a few inches of snow. Seems like some posters are thinking it's sunny while it's pouring snow 10 miles away

I think the problem is some folks are under the assumption they won't at least see a few inches of snow. Seems like some posters are thinking it's sunny while it's pouring snow 10 miles away

It's possible some might not, that's why I said some may be screwed. I think it's too early other than to say...if you are happy with 1-3 or 2-4, then don't give up.

Yea, outside of there, interior se MA and the immediate N shore, it's nuisance variety......aka non-accumulating.

We won't see much probably. But NYC will pine for 3 days before the Norlun whiffs and hits downeast ME regardless of modeling and think how pissed those guys will be.

Haven't been on the board since yesterday, nor have I watched any news, weather, etc. I came into work today, and everyone is talking about a "big" snow storm for the weekend (both facebook comments, and people talking). I come here, and low and behold people are talking about the possibility of anything but a big storm.

What gives? What exactly do I miss with regard to the television forecasts (I never watch any of the weather forecasts on t.v.)? Did the mets on t.v. promis a big storm last night or this morning? From the looks of the conversations here, a big storm doesn't seem to be in the cards.

at this point, i would put higher probabilities around the nyc metro, but it could easily jump between philly and ct

we might not know until it actually sets up

great

i think ray has the right idea with this

kev "some don't think they'll at least see a few inches" ummm correct some if not most look now like they wont. i mean what is the QPF spitting out for those outside w/SW CT? .12 ? .14

Haven't been on the board since yesterday, nor have I watched any news, weather, etc. I came into work today, and everyone is talking about a "big" snow storm for the weekend (both facebook comments, and people talking). I come here, and low and behold people are talking about the possibility of anything but a big storm.

What gives? What exactly do I miss with regard to the television forecasts (I never watch any of the weather forecasts on t.v.)? Did the mets on t.v. promis a big storm last night or this morning? From the looks of the conversations here, a big storm doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I've been wondering since yesterday why my TWC local forecast has "snow / wind" for Saturday, given what I've gathered from here.

Of course, I expect the answer to that would be, "TWC sucks."

Well, The folks down in NY are not going to see a norlun according to the Euro......

I think that's good news.

We really want to see a focus on that middle system coming up from the south which it sounds like it is kind of doing, similar to the NAM. Whether it's a trough or rough comma head who knows I'm not looking at it.

Archived