• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

Be ironic if it trended far enough west to kill off the inverted trough but not west enough to do much of anything. Based on this, the GFS and NAM i'd put up watches for all of New England to play it safe.

622_100.gif

yeah that would totally be the ****ter wouldnt it

oh, and dont forget leaving a lobe of crap vortex over the lakes remnant, enough to suppress next weeks storm

its on the table. wouldnt that be something to poke your eye out with.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be ironic if it trended far enough west to kill off the inverted trough but not west enough to do much of anything. Based on this, the GFS and NAM i'd put up watches for all of New England to play it safe. For those keeping score the GGEM cut the QPF max from 15 to 6 in one run for this period.

In that case, this would have amounted to 60 pages of posts and (for some) some late nights all for flurries. lol

I don't trust the CMC unless there is a consensus, otherwise it is pretty useless. I mea take the DEC 20th storm for an example, it clearly had the storm out to sea with little if any fanfare even for Cape Cod, MA about 24 hours away from when the storm was expected to start. Useless. I am sure it is better in other situations, this is not one of them. What the CMC shows does not make or break a forecast.

yeah that would totally be the ****ter wouldnt it

oh, and dont forget leaving a lobe of crap vortex over the lakes remnant, enough to suppress next weeks storm

its on the table. wouldnt that be something to poke your eye out with.

Don't forget the ULL still has to rotate through. When George Washington crossed the Potomac we had one of these swing through and it delivered up to 8" in a short period of time.

I don't like the consensus in the mid range models but I'd lean towards the NAM idea anyway. It has support from the EC as Scott has said and it just makes more sense to me.

In that case, this would have amounted to 60 pages of posts and (for some) some late nights all for flurries. lol

60? More like probably 500 when all is said and done across the site.

Messanger, Where is Thomas the train hiding, Looks like we are heading in that direction........... :lol:

No train yet, I'm not convinced the NAM idea is wrong - ie some type of solution in the middle of the NOGAPs (hits EMA pretty hard), Euro and NAM.

GFS/GGEM right now I think are bunk.

No train yet, I'm not convinced the NAM idea is wrong - ie some type of solution in the middle of the NOGAPs (hits EMA pretty hard), Euro and NAM.

I was reffering to the thread, As far as the storm goes, I don't see where anything is off the table, Very complex and say still take another 24hrs to play out........... :)

I still think next weeks low is going to hug the coast pretty good. The long wave trough is digging more into the west and the GFS is probably way too weak with that southern stream energy coming out.

As to the inverted trough..yeah some lucky weenies are gonna get 3-6" advisory snows. Some very lucky weenie in a very little bulls eye may get over 6", but 80% of the people in NY and NE will get under 3" . The idea of the major storm is dead....

12Z Nogaps hangs something back in E.MA.

http://www.nwmangum.com/NOGAPS.phtml

I still think next weeks low is going to hug the coast pretty good. The long wave trough is digging more into the west and the GFS is probably way too weak with that southern stream energy coming out.

As to the inverted trough..yeah some lucky weenies are gonna get 3-6" advisory snows. Some very lucky weenie in a very little bulls eye may get over 6", but 80% of the people in NY and NE will get under 3" . The idea of the major storm is dead....

shhhhhhhh. The COT spies might be listening.

But, if I can get enough to cover the ground, I'll be happier than if I don't!

Archived