Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does that a lot in these setups where there is another slug of qpf max to the east. It tries to "see" the valley shadow but puts it too far E. When Ekster plotted it on awips higher res map, it had the shadow in the more correct areas.

But either way, it really doesn't matter that much, a lot of this is going to be determined by banding.

That's what I figured. It still shows that helluva intense banding set up in the early AM, so I'm not worried. Radar looks good.

That's what I figured. It still shows that helluva intense banding set up in the early AM, so I'm not worried. Radar looks good.

I don't think anybody should be worried unless they can't live with a foot of snow. If you get "Screwed" in this storm its still going to be a foot...outside of the rain areas near the Cape.

I have not read through this thread yet but for me in Central NH the difference between 12Z NAM and GFS is incrediable. NAM increases me to 1.5" QPF and GFS decreases me to barely .5" QPF What to believe? I was excited after the GFS but usually on QPF GFS is closer. Any thoughts for us guys in Central NH?

I have not read through this thread yet but for me in Central NH the difference between 12Z NAM and GFS is incrediable. NAM increases me to 1.5" QPF and GFS decreases me to barely .5" QPF What to believe? I was excited after the GFS but usually on QPF GFS is closer. Any thoughts for us guys in Central NH?

Combine them, average it to about 1.0" then add fluff factor for you.:snowman:

They look a lot more like what the RUC has been showing all morning.. max snow like POU-ski_MRG-MHT.

There's definitely one camp that is seeing stuff a lot further west than the operational models.

Speaking of which, I found this very interesting from ALB in the AFD this morning... the ensemble forecast means are much, much higher with QPF back west than the operational models.

PCPN TOTALS INTO LATE MONDAY MORNING FOR KALB:

03Z SREF SNOW PLUME MEAN: 1.13"

00Z MREF SNOW PLUME MEAN: 1.15"

00Z GFS: 0.72"

00Z NAM: 0.68"

00Z ECMWF: 0.75"

But the 6h 15z RUC at 700mb chopped 50+ miles off the back edge over just the 12z 9h. Been going steadily east sucking all the way.

Okay--who's the snowblower reparir person who can make an emergency trip to Shelburne? lol

TOtally suck. Maybe the gas line froze. I've added dry gas, disconnected/reconnected the spark plug. Tried a blow dryer on it. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, it's brand new?

1. Did you leave gas in it from last year? If so purge.

2. Do you have a torpedo or other heater you can blast it with? blow dryer might not do it.

3. Fuel filter clogged?

4. Choke?

Archived