• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6z Gfs blasts dc with snow

Ji

The boundary layer temps are plus 7 so it would rain if the model run was perfect. As you said, it's still november. It's good to see Ji off the ledge for a day or part of a day.

Up in my area, that first event may be more interesting. For the DC area, I could see rain, ending as a little slushy accumuation. I like the second event possibilities better Sunday Night- Monday of that weekend.

If I see one more person post at 850mb temp chart and scream SNOW, I will not be held accountable for my actions.

That chart actually does support snow, as we're heading into December. IF the 12Z GFS verified from that far out, it would probably spread North the next day as well, another Dec 5ish snowstorm?!

If I see one more person post at 850mb temp chart and scream SNOW, I will not be held accountable for my actions.

I was about to post the exact same thing. Everytime I see one of those runs, I spend the next 5 minutes trying to figure out whats going on at the surface when it would be nice if the poster had both or at least commented on the other.

I was about to post the exact same thing. Everytime I see one of those runs, I spend the next 5 minutes trying to figure out whats going on at the surface when it would be nice if the poster had both or at least commented on the other.

Do you know how to read or access gridded data? All the sfc info you could ever want is there.

The weekend into early next week is looking pretty warm here. And, after today's chill, temps have really jumped in the last hour. Almost 60 degrees here, after being in the 40s most of the day.

They jumped because the warm front came north. Friday and Saturday look to be in the 50s then maybe lower 60s in the first part of next week. Not super warm.

The boundary layer temps are plus 7 so it would rain if the model run was perfect. As you said, it's still november. It's good to see Ji off the ledge for a day or part of a day.

damn the person/people whoever came up with these "quick look at" type things to determine rain/snow lines around here. gotta look at the whole column. 1000-500mb thicknesses...partial thicknesses...850 temps. toss em all.

Archived