Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter Apr 3rd-4th OBS

wxeyeNH

12 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I was up real early this morning around 2:30 and then again around 4:30 and it was sleeting but I woke back again at 6:45 and was snowing. It's been snowing since. At the house we have about a half an inch on the ground.

At work now in West Hartford and it's still coming down had a decent clip.

Looking at the radar it seems to keep filling in just Southwest of us. So I think everyone north of us will have a good shot of some good snow today. Fun to see. About 33° at home.

Yup 33 degrees here too and some snow falling. 

Biggest issue in Gray, ME right now is there is NO wind, nothing to blow/shake it off the limbs, keeps piling and piling. Can hear cutoffs blowing all around me. Lots of flicking but I'm still on, for now.

• Like 1

2.5-3" on the ground.  33.4 and seems white-rainish.  Winds have been crazy but anemometer STB in a big gust this morning so not sure what speeds we're dealing with.  Likely not over 40mph but with branches and precip blowing around it's got more oomph to it.  Power still on at least.  

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Did you check any of the cobb data yesterday? 

KCON lol has KLEB at 17 with 14 to 1 ratios overnight 

240405/0000Z  24  34010KT  30.5F  SNOW   10:1| 0.2|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.019    9:1|  8.4|| 0.11|| 0.08|| 1.54  100|  0|  

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Do any vendors use cobb technique for displaying snowfall accumulations or is 10:1 and Kuchera the methods of choice? 

Cobb is useful but again can be screwy if UVVs are sketchy. This storm isn't over up north by a long shot. Serious invt

Screenshot_20240404_093733_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cobb is useful but again can be screwy if UVVs are sketchy. This storm isn't over up north by a long shot. Serious invt

It s going to get interesting if that convection in the GOM rotates in here.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Agreed. That's why these snow maps and depth maps whatever need to be used with extreme caution. Sure they may "nail" some areas and maybe capture cutoffs and gradients but on the whole picture...they suck. Mid-level structure, evolution, lift, etc are all extremely critical at the end of the day and the snow maps don't factor that stuff in. 

I am curious what PWM is at right now. I know yesterday both NAM/GFS bufkit were yielding over a foot of snow at PWM using cobb. Actually even using max temp in profile wasn't too far off from cobb. 

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Agreed. That's why these snow maps and depth maps whatever need to be used with extreme caution. Sure they may "nail" some areas and maybe capture cutoffs and gradients but on the whole picture...they suck. Mid-level structure, evolution, lift, etc are all extremely critical at the end of the day and the snow maps don't factor that stuff in. 

I am curious what PWM is at right now. I know yesterday both NAM/GFS bufkit were yielding over a foot of snow at PWM using cobb. Actually even using max temp in profile wasn't too far off from cobb. 

Chris ocean state had 5.3 in Portland early this AM

• Thanks 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

They officially were at 4.5 with the 12z ob. Going to hard pressed to get another 8 today I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It s going to get interesting if that convection in the GOM rotates in here.

I might have made a mistake coming to work. Want to make sure I'll be able to get back home without a bunch of trees or limbs down. It wasn't that bad coming in. When's the convection expected if it moves in? 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Would imagine water temps an issue. How about ten miles inland?

@tunafish is definitely closer to the water than me, I had another 1 or 2 inches accumulation around the same time. By the time you make it as far west as GYX you're getting into the double digit amounts.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

I might have made a mistake coming to work. Want to make sure I'll be able to get back home without a bunch of trees or limbs down. It wasn't that bad coming in. When's the convection expected if it moves in? 

If it gets here, The next couple hrs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Paste bombs are awesome until they are not. Just beautiful though. Need more pics