Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m joking around with those comments but this always favored NNE . And that’s where it will be 

Well, sure, but favoring NNE and threatening the northern third of the region with a significant snowfall aren't mutually exclusive....it goes to shit, then I just pivot and don't bother with a First Call.

48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea PVD never had a shot.

The models had my area getting 6+ until it shifted NORTH! When we need a south shift, you can count on the low to shift hundreds of miles north. That’s the non winters of 2022-2024 for you, these last 2 “winters” can go fuck themselves! It isn’t even winter anymore and we still can’t avoid the seasonal trend.

• Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, George001 said:

The models had my area getting 6+ until it shifted NORTH! When we need a south shift, you can count on the low to shift hundreds of miles north. That’s the non winters of 2022-2024 for you, these last 2 “winters” can go fuck themselves! It isn’t even winter anymore and we still can’t avoid the seasonal trend.

Seekonk is even more tropical than Foxboro. 

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Seekonk is even more tropical than Foxboro. 

Its true. Outside of the immediate coastline Seekonk is about as tropical as you can get. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in USDA Hardiness Zone 8 in my lifetime. Parts of Cape Cod are already a Zone 7b so it wouldn't be that difficult to reach a Zone 8 in another 50 years or so. Hope I'm wrong because I love the snow, but I live in the wrong area for it. Good spot for the rare and elusive hurricanes that we don't even see anymore, but thats about it. Snow and severe don't do well in this area.

1 hour ago, George001 said:

For like 2-3 cycles at 6+ days out. Shouldn't have been even close to invested given the seasonal trends 

10 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

Honestly as a newbie here, do you like torturing yourself being a weenie in a snowless region? :ee:

Being you’re a newbie….in ‘06 he killed it.  ‘10 he killed it!!!  And in ‘11 he did too. In ‘16 he did it again…. So before you say that, he’s beaten a lot of the area multiple times.  Now we in SNE beat him out more often on an annual basis obviously…but he’s beaten many areas much further north in the last 20 years, in many storms than you’d expect. Check yourself brah! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dumb Post! 

There have been alot of dumb posts lately. Allsnow and Bluewave says that the winters will not go back to a colder regime . 

We don't know for sure what future winters will be and if this rubber band effect of warmer winters will continue. 

• Confused 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Being you’re a newbie….in ‘06 he killed it.  ‘10 he killed it!!!  And in ‘11 he did too. In ‘16 he did it again…. So before you say that he’s beaten a lot of the area multiple times.  Now we in SNE beat him out more often on an annual basis obviously…he’s beaten many areas much further north in the last 20 years than you’d expect. Check yourself brah! 

Fair, we've all had some really good winters not all too long ago, hopefully they come back someday for the entire northeasts sake

I'm fairly young and I remember some really good winters as a kid, digging trenches, igloos, snowmen... watching kids nowadays riding bikes in February is depressing, it's been a shitty few winters for almost all of us :(

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

There have been alot of dumb posts lately. Allsnow and Bluewave says that the winters will not go back to a colder regime . 

We don't know for sure what future winters will be and if this rubber band effect of warmer winters will continue. 

I will assure you Ant…it WILL GO BACK!  Cyclical patterns…remember the 80’s?  I do(lived through it growing up….you might be too young ) Very little snow for the most part for years on end. 2-4 and 3-6 was a big storm for more than a decade. 

And That’s why I blocked Allsnow..and so glad I did.   So expect a weenie soon…from a guy who lives 150-200 miles south of most of interior SNE.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

Fair, we've all had some really good winters not all too long ago, hopefully they come back someday for the entire northeasts sake

I'm fairly young and I remember some really good winters as a kid, digging trenches, igloos, snowmen... watching kids nowadays riding bikes in February is depressing, it's been a shitty few winters for almost all of us :(

Yes…And so do I in the late 70’s..trenching snow tunnels and snow forts galore…then the 80’s came, and there was nothing!  1-2 and 2-4 was common place all the time.  When a 4-8” storm happened we were elated. And 5-10 was a complete Joy.  And a foot…what was that for at least a dozen years?  Then the early to mid 90’s happened and we broke snow records.  Then it went bad again in the late 90’s.  Cycles cycles cycles! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

I either want a good foot or nothing at this point, big or go home, so naturally it'll be a sloppy 4 inches :axe:

Yes…keep it if it ain’t something substantial.  Just washed the truck…so keep it if it ain’t gonna be a good event. Nobody needs it now. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes…And so do I in the late 70’s..trenched and snow forts galore…then the 80’s came, and there was nothing!  1-2 and 2-4 was common place all the time.  When a 4-8” storm happened we were elated. And 5-10 was a complete Joy.  And a foot…what was that for at least a dozen years?  Then the early to mid 90’s happened and we broke snow records.  Then it went bad again in the late 90’s.  Cycles cycles cycles! 

Only 21 here so I missed those major record breakers, the stories from my dad though :weenie:

Regardless, early 2000s we got enough to consider it a new england winter, last few years have been basically extended fall and spring, brutal